Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I think you are a fool if you don't think he was a prime target for us. If we bought him then he would have been our signing for the No10 role.

Do you really think he would sign a player for that position that wasn't a prime target when every time we heard him speak about transfers he mentioned that one position as the position that we needed to fill to correct how the whole team played.

He woudn't sign a player there unless he was our prime target. Why he tried to fanny around with loans I have no idea. In fact that's what I don't believe. I think we were beat in a straight up fight by Stoke because Hughes went the extra mile to convince him.

That's my opinion. I think your opinion is a foolish one. End of this discussion for me.

Okay, fine. You go ahead with your irrational fume and calling people fools for... not being foolish. I'll be over here banging my head against the wall.

The problem again is that we were after Shaqiri on a loan which obviously means we haven't the money to afford the playmaker signing we desperately need. Your Praet's, quintero's, Yarmolenkos and Shaqiri's are all going for around the same price so don't be expecting much.

Like I said prepare yourself for Januazj or a Barca B 18 year old.

I'm not belittling Stoke... I'm just saying we're a club who spends 10% plus more on our wage budget, has consistently finished higher than them in the league and a club with a bigger stadium, much bigger heritage and so on.

That's not belittling - that's just stating fact. They've come on leaps and bounds and there's plenty to admire - but I'm just saying they're not a bigger club than Everton, even if you disregard history entirely and go on any measuring stick you care to use.

But for years we have finished above Newcastle, Spurs, RS, Aston Villa and they have all had bigger wage bills then us.
I'm not having a go and you mind. Its just like saying look at Villareal in Spain, they constantly get players in that you wouldn't expect them to due to their history. If Stoke are trying to be ambitious and push on fair play to them, at the moment I am very jealous of them I wish (still hopeful) we try and show that, we ,ade to great value and quality signings at the start of the summer but its gone so stale since then even an ever optimist like myself is starting to get abit etchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back