Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to Stoke getting what was clearly their prime target in.

Wonder what it feels like.
It genuinely concerns me that the likes of Stoke are attracting and completing the signings of players like Shaqiri and Afellay.

People may say be a flop and has a bad attitude, so it's us actually dodging a bullet. People also say he wasn't a primary target of Martinez.

Maybe that's true. Or, maybe he will succeed and play a huge part in a growing Stoke side? Maybe they've got the man we actually wanted?

Really we do not know, however I'd much rather we be in their situation and taking the risk on a great talent (which he is) rather than Stoke.

All I can see is that the numerous names which we've been touted with, and the fans have admired, have ended up at other clubs instead of here.

We've seen Shaqirir to Stoke, Ayew to Swansea and Payet to West Ham. All names which have been touted as signings that we were interested in.

People have talked about Virgil Van Dijk from Celtic, but with Southampton seemingly interested is that a reliable prospect? I do not know.

This elusive number ten still seems so far away as there seems to be no reliable links; maybe that's us being coy or we simply are losing out.

We all know that we should have done things earlier but that's past now. Nothing more than hindsight. Now we need to focus on getting signings.

What worries me is that we're not doing this effectively... Do we have people lined up? Are they our first choice? Will they ever actually happen?

Bringing in players will help, however if they're second or third rate compared to our original aims, then we are falling behind others.

@Tubey You need to stop arguing with teenagers. You are better than that. However I admire your persistence.

Pretty pumped we missed out on Shakiri tbh. Just an expensive Roysten Drenthe, attitude problem and all.

Also if Everton really want a player, other than the top5/6, he is ours.

Okay, fine. You go ahead with your irrational fume and calling people fools for... not being foolish. I'll be over here banging my head against the wall.

There's some room for that over here with me Tubey. It's a well worn wall now.

Martinez is bound to have other targets incase his original ones decide to join another club.....Saying that knowing Martinez he probably has not, who's available from Wigan these days

Yet if we believe the precious media, we were only interested in Shaqiri on loan anyway and only considered it recently - and Stoke had been interested but that was dead in the water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iri-Roberto-Martinez-looks-bolster-squad.html

Stoke had been interested in a £12million move for Shaqiri – who only joined Inter in January and was considered by Liverpool 12 months ago – but they pulled out after he dragged his heels; Everton want to bring him in loan with a view to striking a permanent deal.

Wow, it's almost like they've plucked that straight from their arse isn't it?

You mean the same media who told us Mirallas and McCarthy were desparate to leave.

Mate, we are going round in circles.

I actually don't know who you believe, if at all believe in anything.

I believe what @jinkyali wrote on here last night, you take it or leave it, either way it's not really going to make any difference.

Okay, fine. You go ahead with your irrational fume and calling people fools for... not being foolish. I'll be over here banging my head against the wall.
I don't deny I'm fuming but I'm not being irrational. I have explained my thinking and it makes perfect sense. You aren't fuming and that's what I find irrational.

Maybe we will get Yarmolenko and I'll be happy since he was the one I wanted ahead of them all but we haven't even been linked.

The jury is still out certainly and things can change but we are running out of players who are available.

Your the one who made the comparison not me. I just thought I'd ask you to explain your logic.

Obviously you either don't want to or can't.

OK.

With Stones, it'd be a case of a club who has made a bid missing out to a club who has made a bid, where both would have made it clear it was a prime target by the size of the bids in question and the activity gone in to secure the signature, which has been played out in public.

With Shaqiri, only one club has made a bid. Until Everton has made a bid, we do not know if we're interested at all. Even if we make a bid, the nature of the bid dictates whether we are rivalling the other club bid-for-bid or we value the player in a different way.

They are not the same situation. Saying we're "missing out" on Shaqiri would be like saying Man Utd missed out on Stones even though they never made a bid, or made an entirely different bid to what Chelsea did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back