Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to somebody else, he was Martinez's primary target and he has been after him for about a year.

So it's their word against yours. No offence but I am taking theirs.

The end :D

Yet if we believe the precious media, we were only interested in Shaqiri on loan anyway and only considered it recently - and Stoke had been interested but that was dead in the water.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...iri-Roberto-Martinez-looks-bolster-squad.html

Stoke had been interested in a £12million move for Shaqiri – who only joined Inter in January and was considered by Liverpool 12 months ago – but they pulled out after he dragged his heels; Everton want to bring him in loan with a view to striking a permanent deal.

Wow, it's almost like they've plucked that straight from their arse isn't it?

Looks like we're gonna be left with the transfers nobody wants martinez saying he wants 3 players seems to sound he's already identified who he wants to bring in but not doing anything about it and we're just watching this window pass us bye
Its the the old i'll get u in the champions league all over again.
just no ambition being shown here clubs r overtaking us swansea stoke leicester palace west ham all making there mark this season its so fustraiting

We're one game in. One.

Fair play to Stoke getting what was clearly their prime target in.

Wonder what it feels like.

like this:

romelu-lukaku2.jpg

Why?! Because a player only Stoke were interested in enough to place an actual bid is going to Stoke? Seriously?

I mean it's clearly a prime target for Stoke obviously, same as Stones is for Chelsea - now if say United bid for Stones and he went there, then Chelsea "missed out" on a signing. That's a definite instance of that happening, as it'd be clearly established two clubs have definitely wanted a player and battled for their signature.

But to say Everton have missed out on anything here and to fume about it like it's fact is just incredible!

If Stones ended up at Utd and not Chelsea how does that make him Chelsea's primary target bearing in mind the logic you've previously used to say Shaqiri hasn't been our primary target because he's ended up at Stoke?

Why?! Because a player only Stoke were interested in enough to place an actual bid is going to Stoke? Seriously?

I mean it's clearly a prime target for Stoke obviously, same as Stones is for Chelsea - now if say United bid for Stones and he went there, then Chelsea "missed out" on a signing. That's a definite instance of that happening, as it'd be clearly established two clubs have definitely wanted a player and battled for their signature.

But to say Everton have missed out on anything here and to fume about it like it's fact is just incredible!
Because I think you are a fool if you don't think he was a prime target for us. If we bought him then he would have been our signing for the No10 role.

Do you really think he would sign a player for that position that wasn't a prime target when every time we heard him speak about transfers he mentioned that one position as the position that we needed to fill to correct how the whole team played.

He woudn't sign a player there unless he was our prime target. Why he tried to fanny around with loans I have no idea. In fact that's what I don't believe. I think we were beat in a straight up fight by Stoke because Hughes went the extra mile to convince him.

That's my opinion. I think your opinion is a foolish one. End of this discussion for me.

Look on the bright side. At least Stoke have no more money to gazump Us Again this window. Just have to worry about palace , Newcastle and West Ham now ! Oh and Swansea !

Januzaj won't come here anyway. Utd still hate us over the Fellaini deal. e.g. Cleverly case last year.

Personally I think we will overpay for Lennon because we're now getting desperate and get a CB but it's looking likely Stones will probably go.

Before I believed we would hold on to Stones but after the Shaqiri case showing exactly how skint we are I can't see the board passing up over 30m.

Please show your working here? We reportedly offered to take a player of questionable character on a season's loan.

How does that show "exactly how skint we are" Adversus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back