Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... That's what I said honest.

So people clearly do not read anything whatsoever I write, skim over and take the first assumption as gospel it seems.

I said that he wasn't a prime transfer target, meaning he wasn't a player we were going balls to the wall to sign. He may have been a loan enquiry, or a set fee enquiry, but probably not a bid and I'm pretty certain if/when queries were made and it was stated what it'd take to make him an Everton player, we simply were not interested enough to meet those requirements.

Silly season is truly upon us.

Well according to somebody else, he was Martinez's primary target and he has been after him for about a year.

So it's their word against yours. No offence but I am taking theirs.

The end :D

Which is why I think you are a fool to think that. I accept there's no proof either way but to believe that is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Why?! Because a player only Stoke were interested in enough to place an actual bid is going to Stoke? Seriously?

I mean it's clearly a prime target for Stoke obviously, same as Stones is for Chelsea - now if say United bid for Stones and he went there, then Chelsea "missed out" on a signing. That's a definite instance of that happening, as it'd be clearly established two clubs have definitely wanted a player and battled for their signature.

But to say Everton have missed out on anything here and to fume about it like it's fact is just incredible!

Good idea in principle but when Stones is injured and Jags is suspended we are going to have to play Galloway and Browning as centre halves. Be a massacre.
Hibbert has played there and done well but that's the risks you take. You are thinking about a hypothetical situation that may never happen and if it does there's no guarantee they wouldn't cope and in turn people think that should be worth sacrificing not getting our most important player.

Makes me wonder.

The Stoke fans be like this
689-ugly-twins.webp

Based on Martinez saying he wanted 3 players. Playmaker, defender and striker, was Shaquiri really that much of a priority?
He doesn't seem like a playmaker as such from what I've seen of him.
Maybe we were willing to give him a go on loan with a view to signing depending on how he did, but it's possible he weren't one of the 3 signings talked about.

Stoke though!

Me mates posties auld fella, said we met him at the airport in a tuc tuc, and Elstone took him down the chippy for a battered sausage.

Fuming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back