Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have clearly identified 3 players for transfers that are basically unknowns - great. Just what you need in the Premier League - unknown and unproven quantities.

My gut instinct is that Martinez trumpeted the 3 signings - 2 of which were Austin and Shaqiri - on the grounds that he felt we were going to outmuscle the opposition to get them and he also knew they would be fan pleasers if we got them. Well, he was wrong and we haven't been able to show the likes of Stoke who's boss. There is no plan B, there never is with us. Lukaku was a fluke on deadline day I cant really see anyone else on his level appearing out of the woodwork. Januzaj does not count as he is a joke.

I didn't say that - I said they were unknown to the media - as in they have no clue we're interested in them....

On loan perhaps. As a "prime transfer target" we're "missing out on" - that's utter nonsense to me.

You seem pretty certain we weren't in for him mate. Which I can respect even though you can't back it up with any evidence.

In the exact same way those who believe we were can't either.

It's exactly the same but you can't seem to see it the other way.

You've just basically described Shaqiri. Maybe we wanted to pull the same trick we did with Deulofeu and Lukaku - loan only, wait and see first.

You seem to think we were hanging our hat on him and desperate as all hell to sign him and we've been so pathetic we've lost out to Stoke in a straight race. Sorry, to me that's just utterly implausible.

I believe what I have read, that being we wanted him.

Anyway, he has gone. In the great scheme of things I am sure he would not have changed us into a CL team, so no real damage done. My main point though being that if he was a primary target of the boss, we are now onto target number ## insert your own number, as we were apparently in for Payet too.

But, if you insist we were in for neither, that's up to your assumptions, you arent going to convince me and likewise.

You seem pretty certain we weren't in for him mate. Which I can respect even though you can't back it up with any evidence.

In the exact same way those who believe we were can't either.

It's exactly the same but you can't seem to see it the other way.

I've said about 50x now that we may have been - what I am saying is that I'm pretty certain he wasn't a prime transfer target even if we were interested in him.

I mean even in that post your quoting I've clearly said we were perhaps interested in him on loan, or felt a certain fee was reasonable that the selling club didn't and so on.

My gut instinct is that Martinez trumpeted the 3 signings - 2 of which were Austin and Shaqiri - on the grounds that he felt we were going to outmuscle the opposition to get them and he also knew they would be fan pleasers if we got them. Well, he was wrong and we haven't been able to show the likes of Stoke who's boss.
Based on your own speculations?

Okay mate x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back