Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have clearly identified 3 players for transfers that are basically unknowns - great. Just what you need in the Premier League - unknown and unproven quantities.

My gut instinct is that Martinez trumpeted the 3 signings - 2 of which were Austin and Shaqiri - on the grounds that he felt we were going to outmuscle the opposition to get them and he also knew they would be fan pleasers if we got them. Well, he was wrong and we haven't been able to show the likes of Stoke who's boss. There is no plan B, there never is with us. Lukaku was a fluke on deadline day I cant really see anyone else on his level appearing out of the woodwork. Januzaj does not count as he is a joke.
Januzaj won't come here anyway. Utd still hate us over the Fellaini deal. e.g. Cleverly case last year.

Personally I think we will overpay for Lennon because we're now getting desperate and get a CB but it's looking likely Stones will probably go.

Before I believed we would hold on to Stones but after the Shaqiri case showing exactly how skint we are I can't see the board passing up over 30m.

Not going to fume until I see who we do end up with but it is a little frustrating if we were in for him that Stoke are a better bet in his eyes than we are. Who knows, he may be a flop and in 12 months we are relieved we never signed him.

I believe what I have read, that being we wanted him.

Anyway, he has gone. In the great scheme of things I am sure he would not have changed us into a CL team, so no real damage done. My main point though being that if he was a primary target of the boss, we are now onto target number ## insert your own number, as we were apparently in for Payet too.

But, if you insist we were in for neither, that's up to your assumptions, you arent going to convince me and likewise.

Yeah... That's what I said honest.

So people clearly do not read anything whatsoever I write, skim over and take the first assumption as gospel it seems.

I said that he wasn't a prime transfer target, meaning he wasn't a player we were going balls to the wall to sign. He may have been a loan enquiry, or a set fee enquiry, but probably not a bid and I'm pretty certain if/when queries were made and it was stated what it'd take to make him an Everton player, we simply were not interested enough to meet those requirements.

Silly season is truly upon us.

The media latch on to Stones going as RM needs cover at centre back, TBH Browning should be used, spend our cash in mid field attacking, and a forward!
Good idea in principle but when Stones is injured and Jags is suspended we are going to have to play Galloway and Browning as centre halves. Be a massacre.

image.webp

Not going to fume until I see who we do end up with but it is a little frustrating if we were in for him that Stoke are a better bet in his eyes than we are. Who knows, he may be a flop and in 12 months we are relieved we never signed him.
Yeah I am hoping by Christmas that the Stoke fans have nicknamed him SCUD...... cos he never hits his targets.

I've said about 50x now that we may have been - what I am saying is that I'm pretty certain he wasn't a prime transfer target even if we were interested in him.

I mean even in that post your quoting I've clearly said we were perhaps interested in him on loan, or felt a certain fee was reasonable that the selling club didn't and so on.
Which is why I think you are a fool to think that. I accept there's no proof either way but to believe that is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back