Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/10/everton-dimitri-payet-marseille-france

?

The term "credible journo" is an absolute oxymoron. They have to talk about something to do with the club to get readers on the reg - that's all they exist for, to be read and sell advertising space on the basis of readership.

Journalists get it wrong constantly. I'm not saying we have a 100% hit rate; what I am saying is that on the balance of probability in this scenario if we really wanted the player we'd get him.
Again your assumption with payet is that because we didn't get him we weren't in for him. We may well have been or we may not have been.

There are credible journos out there. No one thinks for a minute that any of the university dropouts they have writing for the likes of the Mirror or the scum are even remotely credible, but people like tony Barrett certainly are.

The bottom line on this is that no one on this forum (including you) have any insight whatsoever into what went on in the shaqiri transfer, whether we wanted him or not, whether we offered money or loan, it is all equally as rubbish and there is no point in anyone throwing hissy fits about the board at least until September.

Based on pure conjecture, I reckon we will rush through the signing/unveiling of Lennon to throw the rabid twitterati a peace offering soon.

Bound to turn our attention to Honda now. Think he's far more creative than Shaqiri, imagine we signed Honda and Kagawa tho. Two Japanese gems tearing teams apart.

For one second, step back and just imagine that the players he has identified... the media have no clue about. What if we're proceeding with deals behind the scenes and we just wrap them up - you know, like we did with Mirallas, Bilyaletdinov, Deulofeu on loan and dozens of others.

Not every deal is telegraphed from a mile away like McCarthy - in fact, they're the exceptions rather than the rule.
The only ones that aren't are either players we don't know about are total deadline day flukes.

I would also guess Mirallas was reported but he just wasn't a big enough player at the time to be reported in enough places for people to know.

Or the fact that we don't have as much conviction in transfers or the manager was told we can't spend that much on the player.

Neither of us know the truth, but knowing this board I far prefer my theory to yours.

It's the same club, manager and board that has persuaded Lukaku and Deulofeu to leave Chelsea and Barcelona to further their careers with us. That completely blows your theory out of the water - one player was £28m and the other was a talent we showed wholeheartedly we believed in and wanted.

We've shown with both that if we want the player, we'll get it done if at all possible. But Shaqiri clearly isn't in the same boat and for good reason.

Anyone else heard the Shaun Maloney rumour? Can play all across the attacking 3 in a 4-2-3-1 and Martinez knows him. Similar player to Osman.

The only ones that aren't are either players we don't know about are total deadline day flukes.

I would also guess Mirallas was reported but he just wasn't a big enough player at the time to be reported in enough places for people to know.

Yes he was. Arsenal were in "pole position" according to every paper - our bid was completely out of nowhere.

Remember Bilyaletdinov? Do you know who the newspapers were convinced we were signing? Some other guy from Russia (Bystrov or something?) who in the end we had no interest in, yet if you believed the papers we'd bid £6m for him and he was on his way.

It's the same club, manager and board that has persuaded Lukaku and Deulofeu to leave Chelsea and Barcelona to further their careers with us. That completely blows your theory out of the water - one player was £28m and the other was a talent we showed wholeheartedly we believed in and wanted.

We've shown with both that if we want the player, we'll get it done if at all possible. But Shaqiri clearly isn't in the same boat and for good reason.

lol No it doesn't! So we managed to sign a couple of young players who were unwanted and unloved at their respective clubs. So what? hardly ground breaking stuff.

The only real shock is that we managed to get them on both counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back