Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not for one moment believe the player will be arsed about history, the fact we get a few more thousand a week through the gate or where we finished 10 years running to where they finished.

If they pay him more, make him feel more wanted, show they really see him as part of their plans, he will go there.

Exactly! In that case, it's not a straight race is it? We didn't want him as much as the other club so he wasn't a prime transfer target, whereas he is for the other club!

As I said, maybe we enquired on loan because of the risk to reward, but to suggest we've went hammer to the wall to get his signature and lost out to Stoke is just... crazy!

Looks like we're gonna be left with the transfers nobody wants martinez saying he wants 3 players seems to sound he's already identified who he wants to bring in but not doing anything about it and we're just watching this window pass us bye
Its the the old i'll get u in the champions league all over again.
just no ambition being shown here clubs r overtaking us swansea stoke leicester palace west ham all making there mark this season its so fustraiting

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/10/everton-dimitri-payet-marseille-france

?

The term "credible journo" is an absolute oxymoron. They have to talk about something to do with the club to get readers on the reg - that's all they exist for, to be read and sell advertising space on the basis of readership.

Journalists get it wrong constantly. I'm not saying we have a 100% hit rate; what I am saying is that on the balance of probability in this scenario if we really wanted the player we'd get him.
So if you believed that then why did you go on about the rules of the two threads. You can't have it both ways.

I'll love it when he signs for Stoke then he's [Poor language removed] then we get him on loan and he turns boss then we sign him for 5 mil then he's [Poor language removed] then we sell him to a Turkish club for 2 mil then everyone forgets about him.

Looks like we're gonna be left with the transfers nobody wants martinez saying he wants 3 players seems to sound he's already identified who he wants to bring in but not doing anything about it and we're just watching this window pass us bye
Its the the old i'll get u in the champions league all over again.
just no ambition being shown here clubs r overtaking us swansea stoke leicester palace west ham all making there mark this season its so fustraiting

For one second, step back and just imagine that the players he has identified... the media have no clue about. What if we're proceeding with deals behind the scenes and we just wrap them up - you know, like we did with Mirallas, Bilyaletdinov, Deulofeu on loan and dozens of others.

Not every deal is telegraphed from a mile away like McCarthy - in fact, they're the exceptions rather than the rule.

I'm not too bothered about the player, sure I'd have liked him because he's a relatively big name but for someone of his 'fame' around Europe to only have offers from us or Stoke probably says that theres something not quite right with him.

What I am bothered about is the fact the manager has identified players this summer that he's wanted (righted or wrongly) and either through lack of funds or simply by not seeming like an attractive package to a player we've not been able to push it through. It's embarrassing and a real step back from a team who was meant to be pushing for the top 4 a year ago. I'll reserve full judgement until the window closes but it's not good enough.

Exactly! In that case, it's not a straight race is it? We didn't want him as much as the other club so he wasn't a prime transfer target, whereas he is for the other club!

As I said, maybe we enquired on loan because of the risk to reward, but to suggest we've went hammer to the wall to get his signature and lost out to Stoke is just... crazy!

Or the fact that we don't have as much conviction in transfers or the manager was told we can't spend that much on the player.

Neither of us know the truth, but knowing this board I far prefer my theory to yours.

At least there's one positive. For all the people who want Bill gone the team had to slide down the league before the fans turned to the extent that it would force him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back