Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is we were after a loan and obviously couldn't afford a permanent deal, the problem then is who else can we afford then as quality playmakers don't come cheap, even that Quintero fella is touted around for over £10 million and he's less known than Shaqiri.

Like I said earlier prepare for either Januazj on loan or some Barca B 18 year old with potential but light years away from fulfilling it, same as half our squad we need a player in their prime. What a shambles man.

Last edited:
Just like Payet was rubbish too I suppose. But we have the god Naismith linking our play together.

If we don't get someone good squad wise we aren't better than about 10th in the league and that's if we play to our potential.

Well, there's another example.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/10/everton-dimitri-payet-marseille-france

Did we miss out on him too because The Guardian say so - despite never making a recognised bid and the club saying absolutely nothing about the player or any hint whatsoever we so much as even thought about bidding for him?

Transfer windows bring out the maximum insane in people...

Stay calm Blues.

Shaqiri is a winger that could hold his own as a central attacking midfielder. He is NOT a number 10.

We are looking for and are desperately in need of a number 10.

A David Silva or Santi Cazorla, type player. Shaqiri is decent, no doubting that but he is not what we need right now. That would of been a luxury signing.

I am confident Martinez is going to find an absolute gem.

lollollollollol

Do you honestly think the players would consider that in this instance? It's not like Chelsea V Swansea, it's Everton V Stoke! Neither of us win anything, both outside the elite of the league and if anything they have more ambition than us.

I thought you were a sensible poster normally but that is absolutely side splittingly ridiculous!
Stoke don't have more ambition than us. They have sold their best 2 players in Begovic and N'Zonzi for a total of 15m and is bringing in Shaqiri for that. So far, we have kept hold of McCarthy, Mirallas, Garbutt and Stones and it looks like we are going to bring in 3 more players on top of the shrewd signings of Cleverley and Deulofeu.

But yeah, Stoke have more ambition than us...

?

Am I missing something here? There's self-deprecation yes, but it's Everton and... Stoke. This isn't subjective here - one club is quite bloody clearly bigger than the other.
Size of a club rarely comes into it anymore, all about the dosh

I did mention it on here a few days ago, but if you've played for Heynckes, Guardiola and Mancini and haven't got on with any of them, and Inter are willing to sell after just 6 months of him being there, then it seems like a fairly sensible move to only want him on loan. People get far too caught up on reputations with players like Shaqiri.

?

Am I missing something here? There's self-deprecation yes, but it's Everton and... Stoke. This isn't subjective here - one club is quite bloody clearly bigger than the other.
Not any more to players with no link to English football.

The players do not care about our history. That is pretty much fact.

As mentioned on this thread, Everton and Stoke win nothing. Neither plays in Europe, and only one team is showing ambition with new signings.

So it comes down to recent history, i.e. last season, where Stoke were better, and financial offers, and Stoke probably offer higher wages.

It's clear to me why players prefer to play for West Ham (London, massive new stadium, wages) and Stoke (see above) over Everton.

Stay calm Blues.

Shaqiri is a winger that could hold his own as a central attacking midfielder. He is NOT a number 10.

We are looking for and are desperately in need of a number 10.

A David Silva or Santi Cazorla, type player. Shaqiri is decent, no doubting that but he is not what we need right now. That would of been a luxury signing.

I am confident Martinez is going to find an absolute gem.
I think we have our eye on a kid who looks like he has huge potential and I'm not talking about a Barca player but it's still just potential. I don't want to say anymore as I suspect some people may get angry. However he would be a gem.

I just don't see him as a priority for us, I'm sure we were in for him on the basis that 'if he is available on loan, then yes'.

We need to bring in 3 players (at least one of which will be a loan), but spending the bulk of the funds on him would not be wise.

Stoke don't have more ambition than us. They have sold their best 2 players in Begovic and N'Zonzi for a total of 15m and is bringing in Shaqiri for that. So far, we have kept hold of McCarthy, Mirallas, Garbutt and Stones and it looks like we are going to bring in 3 more players on top of the shrewd signings of Cleverley and Deulofeu.

But yeah, Stoke have more ambition than us...

OK, more ambition maybe a little far fetched. But they will not be viewed as any less than us by players coming to the UK who we are in for with them.

We have already covered this, they have bought Affeley and are adding Shaqiri, taken Van Ginkel on loan, Bojan to come back etc etc.

In your eyes and my eyes yes.

You need to wake up pal, it's not 2009 any more.

No. Sorry, no. This is objectively sound what I'm saying. We have the bigger wage structure, the larger fan base, the bigger stadium, the larger history, the bigger financial turnover, the higher average league position over any period of time you care to take.

In a one on one race for a "top target" which has been identified as crucial to the squad for the upcoming season between Everton and Stoke, Everton win it 99 times out of a 100, with the caveat being if the player is absolutely mental.

If we don't get Shaqiri, it's because we didn't want him as much as Stoke did, or we didn't bid for him in the first instance. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back