Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay calm Blues.

Shaqiri is a winger that could hold his own as a central attacking midfielder. He is NOT a number 10.

We are looking for and are desperately in need of a number 10.

A David Silva or Santi Cazorla, type player. Shaqiri is decent, no doubting that but he is not what we need right now. That would of been a luxury signing.

I am confident Martinez is going to find an absolute gem.

You are making yourself look a fool if you seriously think we weren't in for Shaqiri. If you think that then fair enough it's a free world but you are wrong.

OK mate, I'm a "fool" for noting there's absolutely nothing whatsoever out there that says we were in for Shaqiri beyond tabloid gossip to sell papers.

I assume we missed out on Jelle Vossen to Middlesbrough as well.

Like others have said a player with some much quality is booted out if 2 huge clubs in a matter of 6 months does raise an issue. Although a good player it's does scream a bit if drenthe / van der meyde; maybe Hughes is the man to whip him into shape

Because we're the bigger club. Objectively. We have the bigger capacity to offer the wages and the consistency in terms of achievement.

It's like saying if Chelsea and Swansea were in a straight race for a player, 99 times out of 100 if Chelsea identified him as a prime transfer target, they win that race.

lollollollollol

Do you honestly think the players would consider that in this instance? It's not like Chelsea V Swansea, it's Everton V Stoke! Neither of us win anything, both outside the elite of the league and if anything they have more ambition than us.

I thought you were a sensible poster normally but that is absolutely side splittingly ridiculous!

Who do you think our prime transfer target is?

I was convinced it was him.

We won't know until we sign them or at the very least place a bid. Until then it's all speculation that can be woefully off as the dozens upon dozens of names that come up every transfer window that I believe someone actually kept in their signature strip once upon a time to make fun of.

lollollollollol

Do you honestly think the players would consider that in this instance? It's not like Chelsea V Swansea, it's Everton V Stoke! Neither of us win anything, both outside the elite of the league and if anything they have more ambition than us.

I thought you were a sensible poster normally but that is absolutely side splittingly ridiculous!

?

Am I missing something here? There's self-deprecation yes, but it's Everton and... Stoke. This isn't subjective here - one club is quite bloody clearly bigger than the other.

Like others have said a player with some much quality is booted out if 2 huge clubs in a matter of 6 months does raise an issue. Although a good player it's does scream a bit if drenthe / van der meyde; maybe Hughes is the man to whip him into shape

Imagine playing with Ribery, Robben and Lahm, and then 12 months later playing with Charlie Adam and Glenn Whelan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back