Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this was reported in the Guardian and all those "credible" places you like to go on about. Just stop annoying us further. We were in for him and looks like Stoke will beat us to our most important signing. Martinez and board have seriously messed up here if that's the case.

Again, where?

If we wanted Shaqiri badly and it was a straight race, we'd bloody sign Shaqiri.

We might have tentatively expressed interest, maybe wanted a loan before shelling nearly £15m on him and that got rejected, or we might have sent a scout once, or we may have had a limit in mind for what his value was, or Shaqiri's agent used us as a bounce off in negotiations.

Any of those are more likely than us "losing out" on a player in a straight race with Stoke. You really are adding one plus one and coming out with any answer other than two.

Moomin just picked the wrong club on his troll.

He will be gutted he is signing for Stoke and he missed out on saying it as he said he was off to Newcastle.

While pretty sure we were in for him, from people you and I both know, if we weren't in for him, why weren't we?

Dozens of possible reasons, just listed a few of them. My guess is the risk to reward ratio for a guy who has increasingly failed at two top clubs and is now being shunted out after a few months is leaning too much to the "risk" side of things.

Let's look at it another way - why has Shaqiri received no concrete offer from anyone other than Stoke? It speaks volumes surely?

Again, where?

If we wanted Shaqiri badly and it was a straight race, we'd bloody sign Shaqiri.

We might have tentatively expressed interest, maybe wanted a loan before shelling nearly £15m on him and that got rejected, or we might have sent a scout once, or we may have had a limit in mind for what his value was, or Shaqiri's agent used us as a bounce off in negotiations.

Any of those are more likely than us "losing out" on a player in a straight race with Stoke. You really are adding one plus one and coming out with any answer other than two.
You are making yourself look a fool if you seriously think we weren't in for Shaqiri. If you think that then fair enough it's a free world but you are wrong.

Dozens of possible reasons, just listed a few of them. My guess is the risk to reward ratio for a guy who has increasingly failed at two top clubs and is now being shunted out after a few months is leaning too much to the "risk" side of things.

Let's look at it another way - why has Shaqiri received no concrete offer from anyone other than Stoke? It speaks volumes surely?

I do beleive we at the very least 'wanted' him.

What are you actually basing this on?

Because we're the bigger club. Objectively. We have the bigger capacity to offer the wages and the consistency in terms of achievement.

It's like saying if Chelsea and Swansea were in a straight race for a player, 99 times out of 100 if Chelsea identified him as a prime transfer target, they win that race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back