Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's be honest - the frustration is justified. Some say players like Payet and Shaqiri were never "real" targets. Not sure I can accept that, but either way- here we are with the season started and Us with lots of work to do. The manager himself concedes we need three.....

We can't afford to let 10% of the season go buy before completing our squad.... We don't want to miss Europe again this year. The points in the upcoming matches matter......

And yes, it sure feels like we are skint and given what we see around us that feels like a kick to the happy sack. Maybe we will still bring in a quality signing or two, but even if we do it is reasonable to ask why it took so long.

Also, I'm not saying del and clev weren't good signings, they were fine, but we can't pretend they are all we need. It's not 2013/2014 anymore, we have to be better than that club as others have improved.

I guess it's mainly that I'm not just hoping the powers that be have "a" plan. I want them to have a good plan and the resources and will to see it through.

It's Lopez Vs Shaquiri

jennifer-lopez-cover-new-bed-2014-billboard-650.jpg

Shakira.jpg

Since when have Spurs been a tier above? The fact most people now see them as such is a damning indictment of the ambition of the club. A whole generation of fans growing up now thinking Spurs are bigger than us and our peers are Stoke West Ham and Newcastle, my word. The whole lot of them have won nought in their history in comparison. We've finished ahead of all of them countless times recently. Martinez Elstone Kenwright the most unholy of Trinities dragging us down below a Welsh club who weren't even in the prem a few seasons ago.
For a while now. I agree it is a damning indictment but if this slide isn't halted we will be saying the same thing about the tier of clubs below.

I'm a reasonable guy and I stuck by Martinez all last season and getting someone like Yarmolenko would change my mind but if things continue I'm joining the plotters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back