Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we really wanted him, we would have got him. Tancredi Palmeri (reputable Italian journo) claims we also stuck a 17m euros bid in for him, if that's correct then the money is there. Shaqiri has been available for the past month now, if we truly wanted him we would have struck a deal a while ago.

I have my suspicions with the whole scenario though, signs for Inter and shipper off 6 months later? Set for Schalke but move falls through? The best team he could sign for was Stoke City for a modest fee?

Either way his quality will be a miss to our squad, but im confident, somewhat stupidly, that we will bring in a player of the same calibre.

Maybe the Baines injury has changed Roberto's requirements. I personally think we have enough cover with Oviedo and Galloway. I don't think we were seriously in for this Swiss lad or else we would have got him over Stoke surely!
I'm hoping we sign a proven goal scorer who can hold up the ball!

For a while now. I agree it is a damning indictment but if this slide isn't halted we will be saying the same thing about the tier of clubs below.

I'm a reasonable guy and I stuck by Martinez all last season and getting someone like Yarmolenko would change my mind but if things continue I'm joining the plotters.
Because its all down to him isn't it.

The clubs been on a downward spiral for a decade, only people to blame are the buffoons at board level

No, everyone thought they'd be boss and for 2 mill each the risk was minimal. Spending 15 mill on a guy bouncing from club to club who would rather go to Stoke over us is stupid. As stupid as spending 15 mill on Austin. Almost as stupid as giving a 33 year old a 3 year permanent deal.
I thought Arteta would be boss. I didn't know about Pienaar until I saw him on his debut at Goodison when I was there and I remember thinking literally from his first touch that he was a quality player.

Maybe the Baines injury has changed Roberto's requirements. I personally think we have enough cover with Oviedo and Galloway. I don't think we were seriously in for this Swiss lad or else we would have got him over Stoke surely!
I'm hoping we sign a proven goal scorer who can hold up the ball!
He is a quality player this lad and just shows what a mess we are in.
Someone should be shamed at goodison for losing out to stoke city

No, everyone thought they'd be boss and for 2 mill each the risk was minimal. Spending 15 mill on a guy bouncing from club to club who would rather go to Stoke over us is stupid. As stupid as spending 15 mill on Austin. Almost as stupid as giving a 33 year old a 3 year permanent deal.
Or believing a guy who just got his team relegated that he could get us into the champions league lol

This is what Evertonians do best. We try and talk ourselves out of being gutted by coming up with a few excuses.

Lets all be honest here. The majority and its a good majority of blues, losing out to Shaqiri hurts. He's a player we would of loved here and would of got us buzzing if he signs/ed. He's a player that would of improved out team, let alone squad.
You don't speak sense often but for once I can't find anything to disagree with you.

I thought Arteta would be boss. I didn't know about Pienaar until I saw him on his debut at Goodison and I remember thinking literally from his first touch that he was a quality player.
God you're just a little psychic aren't you.
Did you know Senderos was going to be crap too?

Or are you just making stuff up on the internet in order to be right

This is what Evertonians do best. We try and talk ourselves out of being gutted by coming up with a few excuses.

Lets all be honest here. The majority and its a good majority of blues, losing out to Shaqiri hurts. He's a player we would of loved here and would of got us buzzing if he signs/ed. He's a player that would of improved out team, let alone squad.
Possibly. I'd rather talk myself out of it though than rage like a pre-puberty teen who didn't get the Christmas present he wanted.

We may yet sign a player considered as good as Shaqiri who is less of a tit and better value.

If he really is that good, then It makes me wonder why aren't bigger teams in the CL or even Europa League aren't chasing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back