Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannae believe everyone Everton has ever looked at signing are being snapped up by Stoke, Newcastle, Villa and Palace.

Knife to a gunfight lads, there's no-one left to sign in world football.

My son follows world football this guy peaked 18 months ago in the German league Inter Milan kick him out of their squad - why??? looking for a mug of a club and Stoke fit the bill!
Look at mark hughes record at QPRfor signing Prima donas they went down because of him !

It does create a fume when all these supposed targets are being signed up elsewhere, eg Wjindum at Newcastle, Ogbonna at West Ham and now Shaqiri at Stoke. Some were just rumours, while some usually credible journos made claims too. It also makes it even more infuriating when all these positions were targeted and talked about for the last few months - centre back, attacking midfielder/in the hole role and a striker - with none of the gaps being filled. Are we too cautious in our approach? Is there a transfer kitty limit? Are we just not an attractive option for players?

Nobody knows for sure. Obviously clubs based in London will always have the edge when it comes to certain players. Surely there is enough money in the pot with the impending bumper tv deal. And sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry, prophylactics for example...

But with the contact extensions of McCarthy, Mirallas, Barkely (last season) and a so far successful effort of holding our Stones - I am confident a few decent names will still arrive before Sept 1st. We're all fuming over the latest case with Shaqiri, but some valid questions have been raised on this thread. Why are Inter so keen to get rid after 6 months? Why have no other clubs come in for him? What happened with the Shalke deal? And finally, the most damning stat - his youtube montages are actually pretty rubbish, even Mageye Gueye had a top quality montage. The best I could find for Shaqiri was a handful of chances created(not assists) and his top five goals (deflections and mishit shots included). Can't be that good. I hope so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back