Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although unacceptable to begin a season unprepared, I will remain calm until the window closes.
2 seasons ago at 10pm on deadline day we had started the season with some uninspiring draws, and were losing Fellaini to United.
2 hours later we had McCarthy, Lukaku and a still high functioning, Barry.

There are still names around as suggested:- Yarmalenko, Praet, Austin, Van Dijk who would certainly improve the mood.

We need signings soon though.

Although unacceptable to begin a season unprepared, I will remain calm until the window closes.
2 seasons ago at 10pm on deadline day we had started the season with some uninspiring draws, and were losing Fellaini to United.
2 hours later we had McCarthy, Lukaku and a still high functioning, Barry.

There are still names around as suggested:- Yarmalenko, Praet, Austin, Van Dijk who would certainly improve the mood.

We need signings soon though.
Hopefully the board will realize this. There's still time and a few players out there but the signs aren't good.

my guess on shakiri -

we never wanted him on a perm, hence why we didnt bid when stoke originally bid

inter wanted to sell, couldnt find a buyer especially after he rejected stoke

we find out now available on loan, we go for loan

stoke find out about loan bid, go in for perm

inter/his agent convince shakiri its a good idea to go to stoke or he gets a big signing on fee or whatever

A positive thing is that Martinez himself inspires a lot of loyalty from players, as has been seen by our loanees moving or wanting to move back after a spell. So hopefully that can work

Shaqiri is an awesome signing for stoke but they need a centre mid and a centre back to replace nzonzi and a crocked shawcross as yesterday showed

It's down to a number of factors not least clubs like West Ham, Liverpool and Spurs moving ahead with their stadiums. I think Shaqiri could just be the final straw.

Just groundhog day all over again. I remember us showing Ravenelli and his entourage around Goodison in 1997 so that he could then go and sign for Middlesborough.

The Martyn fiasco in 1996, Muller in his car waving to the fans as he arrived.

Manny Fernandes was a belter back in 08 too! :(

We have often made a bit of a drama and embarrassed ourselves when it comes to transfer dealings.

Clubs go past us, clubs fall away, and we just sit, teetering on the edge of greatness, whilst looking in at the VIP section that we used to once occupy.

What I can understand is why wait till the last minute to bring players in?
We could well be bottom of the league then,
The Manager will be closer to the sack,
The players will need time to settle in,it's so bad it's almost funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back