Status
Not open for further replies.
stress-man-laptop.jpg

my guess on shakiri -

we never wanted him on a perm, hence why we didnt bid when stoke originally bid

inter wanted to sell, couldnt find a buyer especially after he rejected stoke

we find out now available on loan, we go for loan

stoke find out about loan bid, go in for perm

inter/his agent convince shakiri its a good idea to go to stoke or he gets a big signing on fee or whatever

Or.... We were never in for him in the first place...

Just groundhog day all over again. I remember us showing Ravenelli and his entourage around Goodison in 1997 so that he could then go and sign for Middlesborough.

The Martyn fiasco in 1996, Muller in his car waving to the fans as he arrived.

Manny Fernandes was a belter back in 08 too! :(

We have often made a bit of a drama and embarrassed ourselves when it comes to transfer dealings.

Clubs go past us, clubs fall away, and we just sit, teetering on the edge of greatness, whilst looking in at the VIP section that we used to once occupy.

Brilliant analogy...

Just groundhog day all over again. I remember us showing Ravenelli and his entourage around Goodison in 1997 so that he could then go and sign for Middlesborough.

The Martyn fiasco in 1996, Muller in his car waving to the fans as he arrived.

Manny Fernandes was a belter back in 08 too! :(

We have often made a bit of a drama and embarrassed ourselves when it comes to transfer dealings.

Clubs go past us, clubs fall away, and we just sit, teetering on the edge of greatness, whilst looking in at the VIP section that we used to once occupy.
Well said.

Well I think you will find there's plenty of people who agree with me and the boos that will be ringing out will just confirm that. The fans can only take so much.

I'd say 99% of the people who want Kenwright out haven't based that on not signing Shaqiri.

I base this on those over the age of 10.

What I can understand is why wait till the last minute to bring players in?
We could well be bottom of the league then,
The Manager will be closer to the sack,
The players will need time to settle in,it's so bad it's almost funny.

No MONEY to spend until Stones is sold and then we can do some last min shopping, Its Everton ffs.

I'm annoyed as the next fan about the lack of signings compared to every other club.

but

to spend 12 million on a player then you have to be sure that player will be the right choice. If the club were in for him and if they proposed a loan instead then surely that is someone asking the question about 2 teams rejecting him over the past year and him having to drop a level?

he may turn out good, but he could prove to be the player that decent clubs were happy to ship out without a seconds thought.

Pretty surprised noones actually posted a jarg article on us going for Nolito. Bobbys talked about him publicly, and I know he said he isn't the player we need but he fits the same bill that Shaqiri fits so it would make sense.

And before someone says he's going to Barca, I don't think Pedro will be allowed to leave with Neymar's illness so the gaps there and despite his age I reckon he could do good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back