Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Bobby say we will see signings in the next few days when interviewed on 5live or just that we will bring players in?

If it's the former, will be interesting if anyone questions it at the Soton press conference. obviously if there isn't any signings between now and then.

None of the press will question it - all to "scared" they will get banned from the pressers !

Did Bobby say we will see signings in the next few days when interviewed on 5live or just that we will bring players in?

If it's the former, will be interesting if anyone questions it at the Soton press conference. obviously if there isn't any signings between now and then.

Just that we will try to bring in the right players before the deadline.

The only person to blame for lack of transfer activity - as it was under ginger bollocks.....

PA-9279694.jpg

...sitting on £35M of tv revenue and handing £4M so far to the manager.

Never forget who the villain is here.
Yet no doubt Martinez will continue to get a barrage of abuse throughout the season for 'the same old tactics, with the same old results', despite the fact that our midfield and strike force is almost identical to what it was after his first transfer window here. Two years ago.

In fairness he asked more questions in half an hour than the Echo have in 15 years.

Oh yeah definitely but I think it'll be the usual "Well Everton want a stadium within ..... years" or "they have ..... amount of debt."

We'll see though. Hopefully there's questions centred around this year and not the next 5/7 years.

Want answers for transfers and things. Stones will be a talking point.

I realise I am one of the last posters on here still with optimism but I still think we will get the correct players in soon.
Maybe, just maybe Martinez has played a bit of a blinder. He's hoodwinked his fellow managers!
All these other clubs who are our "competition" have signed up players and their quotas are basically full now. That means that when we actually go for our "real" targets we won't be up against them, making the transfers easier.
For example, Shaqiri goes to Stoke. We all fume. But there is a lot of decent players still out there that fit the Martinez agenda so we shouldn't despair. Perhaps we weren't 100% interested in him?
Certain players we have already been linked with - Praet, Van Dijk, Mertens, Austin, Perisic, Yarmolenko, Ziyech etc are all still available and worth pursuing. And then there are other players that haven't even been mentioned yet.
I say keep the faith and enjoy it when better players come in and the ones we supposedly missed out on get quickly forgotten.

(the above is just a theory, bare that in mind before you turn into keyboard warriors and shoot me down with your vile wit and cynicism!)

COYB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back