Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness he asked more questions in half an hour than the Echo have in 15 years.

Indeed, Colin Fitz was on the phone last time and a club price was eventually given out somewhere in that show and the next day the echo had to write a "Echo Speaks - we are not in the back pocket of the club honest" and citytalk got ruffled as well.

I realise I am one of the last posters on here still with optimism but I still think we will get the correct players in soon.
Maybe, just maybe Martinez has played a bit of a blinder. He's hoodwinked his fellow managers!
All these other clubs who are our "competition" have signed up players and their quotas are basically full now. That means that when we actually go for our "real" targets we won't be up against them, making the transfers easier.
For example, Shaqiri goes to Stoke. We all fume. But there is a lot of decent players still out there that fit the Martinez agenda so we shouldn't despair. Perhaps we weren't 100% interested in him?
Certain players we have already been linked with - Praet, Van Dijk, Mertens, Austin, Perisic, Yarmolenko, Ziyech etc are all still available and worth pursuing. And then there are other players that haven't even been mentioned yet.
I say keep the faith and enjoy it when better players come in and the ones we supposedly missed out on get quickly forgotten.

(the above is just a theory, bare that in mind before you turn into keyboard warriors and shoot me down with your vile wit and cynicism!)

COYB!
How much weed can one smoke in a day dude.

Right lads, as fun as it has been to go through this massive meltdown for the last week, I have a suggestion. What about if we just go back to aimless speculation and jarg XIs? As bad as they can be some of you need a healthy dose of baseless optimism.
A healthy dose of euthanasia wouldn't go amiss.

Oh yeah definitely but I think it'll be the usual "Well Everton want a stadium within ..... years" or "they have ..... amount of debt."

We'll see though. Hopefully there's questions centred around this year and not the next 5/7 years.

Want answers for transfers and things. Stones will be a talking point.

When did he do the last one? I remember a club insider promising that Everton would have a plan for a new stadium in 5 years. Apart from a pencil drawing of Walton hall park, there's been nothing.

Oh yeah definitely but I think it'll be the usual "Well Everton want a stadium within ..... years" or "they have ..... amount of debt."

We'll see though. Hopefully there's questions centred around this year and not the next 5/7 years.

Want answers for transfers and things. Stones will be a talking point.

Going by what Collymore is saying now, it's all going to be about our transfer policy in regards to the board, why we're the lowest spenders up to now in the prem.

He said he wants to talk about why we're the lowest transfer spenders in the league, should be fun.
Good.

He's far from perfect Collymore, but even if it puts a tiny bit of pressure on the board then it's worthwhile. It's embarrassing and the board should be embarrassed at how we're being run.

Look at what that horrible lot across the park did to try and get rid of Gilette and Hicks. FFS, they even had actors and other 'celebs' make a video of how they were ruining the club.

I realise I am one of the last posters on here still with optimism but I still think we will get the correct players in soon.
Maybe, just maybe Martinez has played a bit of a blinder. He's hoodwinked his fellow managers!
All these other clubs who are our "competition" have signed up players and their quotas are basically full now. That means that when we actually go for our "real" targets we won't be up against them, making the transfers easier.
For example, Shaqiri goes to Stoke. We all fume. But there is a lot of decent players still out there that fit the Martinez agenda so we shouldn't despair. Perhaps we weren't 100% interested in him?
Certain players we have already been linked with - Praet, Van Dijk, Mertens, Austin, Perisic, Yarmolenko, Ziyech etc are all still available and worth pursuing. And then there are other players that haven't even been mentioned yet.
I say keep the faith and enjoy it when better players come in and the ones we supposedly missed out on get quickly forgotten.

(the above is just a theory, bare that in mind before you turn into keyboard warriors and shoot me down with your vile wit and cynicism!)

COYB!
I admire your optimism, but It goes against everything this board has previously done. I certainly hope you're right, but do you honestly trust these people in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back