Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have mentioned this before - I wonder if Baines injury will mean we target a CB who can also play left back? Lescott for example.

Oviedo and Galloway are fine there. And tbh, I preferred Barry at LB to him in midfield. He didn't go bombing up the pitch cos he can't run, so his lack of pace wasn't an issue as it meant we focused on feeding Coleman. And when Barry got on the ball, he actually played some very incisive passes through Watford's midfield, rather than just knocking it to the side.

Not saying I want to see him start games there, but it allows another option when we go direct. For all his faults when he's on song we're a much better side, though I would like the Cleverley-McCarthy partnership to be given a try when/if we can sort the LM situation out.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Yes we need new players, bumrushing out and splashing what little dough we have on crap is counter productive.

It's 'who' we sign not how much they cost.

Boss when we don't sign anyone like though.

Apart from Clevz and Deulofeu of course. I keep forgetting they're new as it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Apparently Aston Villa are going to pay around 12M for Barcelona B winger Adama (19). No buy-back option will be included in the deal. What are we doing?!!!!

Boss when we don't sign anyone like though.

Apart from Clevz and Deulofeu of course. I keep forgetting they're new as it certainly doesn't feel like it.

I totally agree, it is frustrating and yes them 2 seem like they were signed ages ago.

Some of the shouts and fume, because eddie eagle edwards has signed for stevenage for 123million are absurd though.

One thing we all should no by now is our transfer activity generally happens under the radar, patience is all we have.

I don't give a monkeys about which players a Championship club are signing. Certainly not in an Everton Transfer forum thanks.

Its more the fact that a piss poor championship team are spending more than us. I wouldnt buy Gayle but you missed the point. We should be spending money on players, not arsed on how much but we need too. Its a sad day when half the championship are outspending us.

I think we just keep playing chicken with teams. We seem to be happy to offer below asking price and hope that that the other team will blink first and accept. This works to a point, but more often than not you get out bid. I don't know about anyone else but Id prefer that we pay a little bit more, secure the players we actually want and get the team assembled before the start of the season.
I think we will get some decent players in at the end of the month but we will have already played over 10% of our league games.

It really seems like people just want a big price tag to be signed. If we'd have signed Deulofeu for 10-15 mil (which was his supposed value straight after his loan stint with us) and got Clev for 10 mil too (arguably his value) do you think we'd have made more of a statement. I laugh at Villa supposedly spending 12 mil on Traore and WBA yesterday spending 12 mil on someone I've never heard of! I'm sad that we didn't get Shaqiri because I rate him but who knows we were even in for him and don't have better alternatives (hopefully Yarmolenko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back