Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more the fact that a piss poor championship team are spending more than us. I wouldnt buy Gayle but you missed the point. We should be spending money on players, not arsed on how much but we need too. Its a sad day when half the championship are outspending us.

I didn't miss the point. I wouldn't condone anyone spending money just for the sake of spending money; in football, nor in business, nor in person.

However if the player which the club want to buy (not the spurious nonsense names the majority are stirring around) are not available or are being priced out currently, then the club should wait. There's still two and a half weeks of the window. Business dictates that some deals are only every going to get done at the last minute.

Irrespective of that. Bristol City's signings are not for here.

I love this club, I really, really do. However, I just can't fathom how in gods name we are getting outplayed in the transfermarket time and time again. With the money from the TV-deal, sponsorships (although crappy ones), tickets and so on, You would really think we would have atleast a little bit of spending money. For a Premier League team trying to break into the top 6, spending below 5 mil £ in a transfer window is just stupid. It's downright absurd to see other teams, whom our owners wouldn't compare us to from a professional, financial and/or historical standpoint, outspend us over and over and over again.

I'm beginning to understand the scepticism towards the board. *sigh*

Just logged on here. Seen someone say they want Fellaini back, then someone fuming cos Bristol City are spending 6million English pounds on Dwight Gayle.
GET A GRIP

Bristol City also have redeveloped their stadium, can I fume about that?

Oh, on topic, we signed anyone yet?

i think people are being a bit backward in understanding what the lads saying.

He didn't say he wanted dwight gayle, he said he's upset that bristol city, a far, far smaller club can go out and outspend what we have already.

It's pathetic.

As @FTY said, it's not about how much you spend, it's about how well you spend.

However, I do agree with you. There's no overlooking that we're the lowest spenders in the league and only brought in 2 players when there's 3 more key areas that need addressing. I'm all for spending well, but even so we still need to spend much more than 4 mil to bring in our targets.

Reactions: FTY
Who the eff is Dwight Gayle anyway?

You may remember him as scoring two glorious goals that effectively ended our beloved neighbours predetermined and 'written in the Stars' title, Crystanbul

i think people are being a bit backward in understanding what the lads saying.

He didn't say he wanted dwight gayle, he said he's upset that bristol city, a far, far smaller club can go out and outspend what we have already.

It's pathetic.

In fairness and I don't want to defend the board , ever . Our overall expenditure on our two deals have almost certainly left this deal behind given wages & agent fees etc but regardless I take the overall fume .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back