Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy risky leaving it all til deadline day. We were about 5 minutes away from making a right mess of the Lukaku and McCarthy deals.
It's not like we haven't made a mess of things before by leaving it too late - the Fer window, the Ofoe one. Fellaini one sneaked in by seconds.

It's no way to run one of the top 20 football clubs in the world in all honesty.

That will be Fer and Ofoe who were both injured....and both plotted up at Norwich didn't they? Case closed.

I think the issue is more around us starting the season unprepared (again). By the time these players (if we do get any) come in and settle we could be way down the league, especially given the next 4 or 5 games.

If Roberto had targets lined up then they would have come in before the Watford match, this, coupled with the fact that he always goes back for players he's worked with before, makes me think that he isn't the best when it comes to identifying transfer targets.

I'd agree with that. On the whole, his signings have been very safe since he arrived. Only really Besic who is left field, and that was down to chance when he saw him at the WC. This summer the same, two players he's worked with before and knows full well what he's getting with both of them. I think it's fair to say he's at best apprehensive about buying an unknown player.

I think the issue is more around us starting the season unprepared (again). By the time these players (if we do get any) come in and settle we could be way down the league, especially given the next 4 or 5 games.

If Roberto had targets lined up then they would have come in before the Watford match, this, coupled with the fact that he always goes back for players he's worked with before, makes me think that he isn't the best when it comes to identifying transfer targets.

Yeah that's fair criticism - it's the fans who just say "this is crap" because they've already made up their minds how things will play out over the next 3 weeks which gets me. I think part of the problem is when you're relying on loan deals to come through, you're inevitably going to have to wait till the last weeks in August, because clubs will generally get their transfer business done first before releasing useful players on loan.

That will be Fer and Ofoe who were both injured....and both plotted up at Norwich didn't they? Case closed.

I don't really think that's the point tbh. The manager wanted them, and we missed out because we were penny pinching. How they have played since isn't really the point.

Bleaching in droves - my favorite GOT activity.

So what's the big deal about Shaqiri? I'd have loved him, don't get me wrong but Everton don't have him / didn't get him. Who cares if he's off to Stoke? They agreed the fee with Inter first and Bob came strolling in late, fashionably whispering some Spanish love song with offer of a loan deal and probably lesser wages. It begs the question with Shaqiri if we're all so gutted he's gone to what I imagine is England's Appalachia rather than sunny Libberpewl, why were both Bayern and Inter in such a rush to dump that midget?

Bob brought Cleverley and D-Foo in early, a nice change for once. It seems like he's got faith in Galloway and Browning to provide defensive cover. Granted, Everton are an injury or two away from exposing their naughty bits to opposing teams and giggling about it and that is worrisome. Besides, Hibbo saw that midgie's hair do, swerved it and told Bob to jog on.

Is this a matter of really needing the player or just the transfer activity? Stoke are spending cash they don't have and I'm sorry, any team that fields Charlie "The Human Thumb" Adam on a regular basis is not competing for anything but mid-table.

Whoo.
Ta da.
Zing.

But that would suggest that all his targets are available and further at an affordable price before the Watford game.

So what about the season before last when we got McCarthy/Lukaku/Barry. Why weren't these players signed before the Norwich game that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back