Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think that's the point tbh. The manager wanted them, and we missed out because we were penny pinching. How they have played since isn't really the point.

We happily castigate Brendan for his rash of bad signings.....he spent millions on dross and we laughed. Using your approach perhaps we shouldn't have laughed as he clearly wasn't penny pinching. How any player plays after we've invested is very much the point!

lol I never said he was going, look back over my posts. I had always said him signing depended on playing time and there were other clubs (with Spurs being a major one at one point) interested in him. I don't have time to piss about pretending to know things, which is why I asked, considering we've missed out on so many of our targets, who's left?

Look Jxg you knew the original terms for your licence, and they've been clearly broken here because the information provide was both false and fanciful. You also know you've got the right to appeal but considering this is the office's busy period you're unlikely to have that hearing until late autumn at the earliest. You're free to practice unlicensed but this could provide further evidence that will be used against you in the future.

My advice would be to sit tight and not make any bold statements about being ITK in the future that you can't actually back up. Give yourself sometime to ponder on things and maybe try a new angle in the future. To come back from the Garbutt claims with such assured posts about who "our targets" are looks desperate at this stage. Keep your head down for a while and see what next summers speculation brings up, otherwise people will start accusing you of being an @Moomin multi, and that can be both a curse and a blessing.

Last edited:
We happily castigate Brendan for his rash of bad signings.....he spent millions on dross and we laughed. Using your approach perhaps we shouldn't have laughed as he clearly wasn't penny pinching. How any player plays after we've invested is very much the point!

I haven't got the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Don't know if it's been said already but I don't see how McCarthy and miralles would have signed new deals without the promise of decent new additions to the squad, enough for us to challenge for Europe. I hope there not too disappointed when Senderos and Dave Nugent rock up at Finch Farm around 8pm deadline day, they may be though when Adebayor turns us down for Norwich.

The Shaqiri deal was always unusual and unlikely as far as I was concerned and that at best it could only be a loan deal for us. We were told we were interested but then we have been told we were interested in so many players this summer that I really don't give any of those stories much credit.

I do know the three positions the manager hoped to fill and when looking at targets I ask can they play as a striker , a no.10 or a centre half..?
A Aaron Lenton is none of those but I do think he will sign.

We have the usual doom merchants who are determined that we will be passed out by clubs like Stoke, WHU and others and they have been saying this for over a decade and they have been wrong and are wrong again.

Don't know if it's been said already but I don't see how McCarthy and miralles would have signed new deals without the promise of decent new additions to the squad, enough for us to challenge for Europe. I hope there not too disappointed when Senderos and Dave Nugent rock up at Finch Farm around 8pm deadline day, they may be though when Adebayor turns us down for Norwich.

If we sign David Nugent I swear I'm stashing away my Everton tops and going getting into golf until he leaves

I disagree.

Fair one, there's not much change.

Goalkeeper - Same.

Defence - Stones year older. Browning/Galloway should be an improvement on last years 4th choice. Still need to add.

Midfield including wingers - Definitely. Deulofeu. Clev. Barkley year older.

Strikers - NO

It's all well and good renewing contracts for player's that finished mid table last season but with no squad improvement it stinks and shows no ambition at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back