Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supposedly we're "skimping" on transfer fees upfront in order to stop taking out the VIBRAC loans (payday)... Which are hindering our financial stability, once we're out of this cycle (providing we can get the targets Bobby is going on about)
It'll be much smoother. I have a feeling our expenditure will be very low, less than £25 million (inc £4 million already) which gives us £7 million per position.
No doubt the Striker will be a loan deal, Negredo (Sevilla outcast)? Adebayor (paycut required)?
Both offer something different to what we've currently got.
As for this special character who's going to unlock everybodies defence. I am excited and anxious to see what Bobby and big Bill are up to. Shaqiri, may or may not of been a target, we'll never know... But he's not our player so there's nothing more to be said... Unless we're all upset that we didn't sign Max Gradel, because Bournemouth did? "They've spent more than us"...
That's my look on things, it's one of the plausible reasons for the occurrences, along with the fact we save months on wages getting em in late. Business sense, I guess.

McAleny will play a part

Fair one, there's not much change.

Goalkeeper - Same.

Defence - Stones year older. Browning/Galloway should be an improvement on last years 4th choice. Still need to add.

Midfield including wingers - Definitely. Deulofeu. Clev. Barkley year older.

Strikers - NO

That's my look on things, it's one of the plausible reasons for the occurrences, along with the fact we save months on wages getting em in late. Business sense, I guess.

Save on wages and lose on points? No thanks.

We've got Southampton, Man City, and Spurs before the window shuts. An injury here or a bit of bad luck there and we could easily find ourselves with a single point after four games. For me the earlier we get players in from here on out the better.

Doesn't get any easier after those 3 games either. Chelsea, Swansea away, WBA away followed by Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. Last season we took 9 points from those 9 games - I think we will all agree that 10 from 10 would be hugely disappointing.

Couldn't agree more. If pre-season was anything to go by he should have started. Bringing Oviedo on for Galloway also did my head in, considering he moved Barry to left back! That's the risk adverse Martinez that makes me question if he is the right man for the job.

But the subs were the reason we drew the game. Thought it was a quite shrewd move getting Kone on for Galloway and getting Barkley deeper.

Oviedo did not come on for Galloway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back