Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pbsportswriter: Gareth Barry: "I'm sure the manager & chairman have something up their sleeves to excite the fans. It is just about being patient" #efc

Barry must have that "in on transfer business" clause in his contract.

I actually believe this window will have a happy ending.

Martinez is the master of foreplay.

'A couple of new faces'.

Down from 3 already.

Lennon isn't new... ???

GREAT NEWS! CHARLIE AUSTIN SPOTTINGS WITH CHICO AND GOAT!

xAuyhto.png

Footballers and hats. Sigh.

McCarthy's passing was awful.

He did die on the field a bit.

Barry's obviously the newest most popular player to hate.

Think you'll find many hate him on hear already.

Ban lifted!

Fume!

Welcome back! Oh, banned again...

He was for me.

No wonder your wife's banging Quaresma with your running affair with the Shaq.

Agreed. I can think of worse windows.

Windows 8?

I can understand all the frustration, unfortunately there's no likely relief for the next few weeks until close to the end of the window. If people can't control their fume, there will be reports of spontaneous combustion throughout Liverpool.

But the subs were the reason we drew the game. Thought it was a quite shrewd move getting Kone on for Galloway and getting Barkley deeper.

Oviedo did not come on for Galloway.

Getting Kone on for Galloway, yes! Ross deeper, yes!

So it was Mirallas then. Even worse. Irrespective he come on to play in an advanced wide role ahead of McAleny with the score at 1-1.

Getting Kone on for Galloway, yes! Ross deeper, yes!

So it was Mirallas then. Even worse. Irrespective he come on to play in an advanced wide role ahead of McAleny with the score at 1-1.

Mirallas was hurt mate. Oviedo is a more proven winger than McAleny. If Deu was healthy he would have come on I'd imagine.

His subs were something different (which everyone moans about his stubbornness) and they worked.

Mirallas was hurt mate. Oviedo is a more proven winger than McAleny. If Deu was healthy he would have come on I'd imagine.

His subs were something different (which everyone moans about his stubbornness) and they worked.

I understand Mirallas was injured and hence the substitution. But I'm sorry, I don't see Oviedo as winger, let along a better attacking option then McAleny.

Now in the context of what I've seen all pre-season, there's no way anyone can justify Oviedo, who has hardly played and has looked beyond rusty, coming on instead of Connor, who had looked sharp and bagged a couple of goals.

For me Martinez was outstanding in the first season. His subs we based on his unconditional confidence in the backline. When Distin's form went last year, so did Roberto's bottle for making attacking, proactive team selections and subs.

Kone for Galloway was forced and reactive. Goal down chasing the game.

He needs to attack right from the outset , not when he's left with little choice.

I have no doubt our fragility defensively is effecting his decision making.

I understand Mirallas was injured and hence the substitution. But I'm sorry, I don't see Oviedo as winger, let along a better attacking option then McAleny.

Now in the context of what I've seen all pre-season, there's no way anyone can justify Oviedo, who has hardly played and has looked beyond rusty, coming on instead of Connor, who had looked sharp and bagged a couple of goals.

For me Martinez was outstanding in the first season. His subs we based on his unconditional confidence in the backline. When Distin's form went last year, so did Roberto's bottle for making attacking, proactive team selections and subs.

Kone for Galloway was forced and reactive. Goal down chasing the game.

He needs to attack right from the outset , not when he's left with little choice.

I have no doubt our fragility defensively is effecting his decision making.

You realize Oviedo plays on the wing for his country, right?

Really struggled to hold down his starting sport for Porto by the end of the season in a much poorer league.

Big question marks over his physicality, really don't know how he'd go in a league like the Premier League.

Yes he looks boss on YouTube and he's capable of some unreal things but I really think YouTube can be quite deceiving sometimes. I feel Quintero is a player who's really flashy, looks boss on the highlights and for people who've never seen him play but personally I feel he's not as good as people think.

Not trying to be negative, just my opinion on Quintero.

Would be so stoked if this happened, albeit there is not a chance. One of my favourite players, would be interesting to see if he could handle English football.

My argument stands. Has not shown me anything in the last 3yrs to suggest he has anywhere near enough weapons in his locker to be a quality winger at this level.

Ask Martinez if Oviedo would still be at the club if wasn't a cover for LB. Doubt it.

He's cover for both mate.

Where your argument/agenda fails is just admitting the changes made the difference between drawing and losing.

The Kone for Browning sub was very creative/imaginative as it gave us a different look...pushed Barry back...pushed Barkley back.

He's cover for both mate.

Where your argument/agenda fails is just admitting the changes made the difference between drawing and losing.

The Kone for Browning sub was very creative/imaginative as it gave us a different look...pushed Barry back...pushed Barkley back.

And Coleman can play right wing! You're clutching at straws.

Deulofeu, Mirallas, McGeady, Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, McAleny, Kone have all started wide. He's even played Lukaku there. Cleverley started there against Watford. We have more then enough players as "back up"

Oviedo is not in the squad as a back up winger. He is our back up left back.

Which part of what I said earlier did you miss? Kone for Galloway was an excellent sub - forced upon him by being down at home to Watford!

Bringing Oviedo on instead of McAleny for Mirallas at 1-1? What did they do for us?

And Coleman can play right wing! You're clutching at straws.

Deulofeu, Mirallas, McGeady, Pienaar, Osman, Barkley, McAleny, Kone have all started wide. He's even played Lukaku there. Cleverley started there against Watford. We have more then enough players as "back up"

Oviedo is not in the squad as a back up winger. He is our back up left back.

Which part of what I said earlier did you miss? Kone for Galloway was an excellent sub - forced upon him by being down at home to Watford!

Bringing Oviedo on instead of McAleny for Mirallas at 1-1? What did they do for us?
He's left sided cover full stop.
Was very effective there in a couple of games in his tenure here, if he hadn't been injured as much we would likely have seen a bit more of him there.

Saying Coleman can play right wing too is a silly comment. Completely different examples.

He's left sided cover full stop.
Was very effective there in a couple of games in his tenure here, if he hadn't been injured as much we would likely have seen a bit more of him there.

Saying Coleman can play right wing too is a silly comment. Completely different examples.

Yep "effective".. at best... and that's when he is fully fit.

"If he hadn't been injured" - ahh the big if! I don't deal in hypotheticals. He has been injured and is currently way off the pace.

Context is everything... and in the context of last weekend McAleny has shown much more then Oviedo this pre-season and should have been Mirallas' replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back