Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep "effective".. at best... and that's when he is fully fit.

"If he hadn't been injured" - ahh the big if! I don't deal in hypotheticals. He has been injured and is currently way off the pace.

Context is everything... and in the context of last weekend McAleny has shown much more then Oviedo this pre-season and should have been Mirallas' replacement.
Effective is what you want a player to be...
"successful in producing a desired or intended result"
If he's been effective he's been good for us on the pitch.

The bloke suffered a potentially career ending leg breaker and has had some tough luck with other injuries.
Wind your head in
As for the rest of your post, preseason opposition means naff all.

Effective is what you want a player to be...
"successful in producing a desired or intended result"
If he's been effective he's been good for us on the pitch.

The bloke suffered a potentially career ending leg breaker and has had some tough luck with other injuries.
Wind your head in
As for the rest of your post, preseason opposition means naff all.

Sit down. You've obviously not read the thread.
The fact he is recovering from a serious injury only further strengthens my point.

Sit down. You've obviously not read the thread.
The fact he is recovering from a serious injury only further strengthens my point.
You have no point mate.
You've said he isn't an effective winger for us then backtracked and said he is effective.

Whether he's recovering from a serious injury or not is beside the point.
He has something to offer us in that position, probably ahead of the yet unproven McAleny.

You have no point mate.
You've said he isn't an effective winger for us then backtracked and said he is effective.

He has something to offer us in that position, probably ahead of the yet unproven McAleny.

What are you talking about you niff nuff.
His recovery from injury has everything to do with it.... As I said earlier you haven't read the thread.
You clearly have no idea what is being discussed here.

No top level club would buy Oviedo as a winger.

I hear the sheep calling.

What are you talking about you niff nuff.
His recovery from injury has everything to do with it.... As I said earlier you haven't read the thread.
You clearly have no idea what is being discussed here.

No top level club would buy Oviedo as a winger.

I hear the sheep calling.
Nice to see you have one mental faculty working
I understand Mirallas was injured and hence the substitution. But I'm sorry, I don't see Oviedo as winger, let along a better attacking option then McAleny.

Now in the context of what I've seen all pre-season, there's no way anyone can justify Oviedo, who has hardly played and has looked beyond rusty, coming on instead of Connor, who had looked sharp and bagged a couple of goals.

For me Martinez was outstanding in the first season. His subs we based on his unconditional confidence in the backline. When Distin's form went last year, so did Roberto's bottle for making attacking, proactive team selections and subs.

Kone for Galloway was forced and reactive. Goal down chasing the game.

He needs to attack right from the outset , not when he's left with little choice.

I have no doubt our fragility defensively is effecting his decision making.

You realize Oviedo plays on the wing for his country, right?
You have no point mate.

My comments are perfectly relevant.
Oviedo has proven himself as a solid and effective winger for us when called upon in that position.
More so that McAleny who has showed flashes in preseason vs some not great teams.
There's a massive difference between being able to do it competitively and in a run around for fitness and shape.
Hence he was a reasonable attacking option to bring on in the game.

Nice to see you have one mental faculty working

My comments are perfectly relevant.
Oviedo has proven himself as a solid and effective winger for us when called upon in that position.
More so that McAleny who has showed flashes in preseason vs some not great teams.
There's a massive difference between being able to do it competitively and in a run around for fitness and shape.
Hence he was a reasonable attacking option to bring on in the game.

Ok, so let me ask you this? We're at home to Watford, scores are locked at 1-1 and we need a goal.

If Oveido on one leg, having played only 90mins in the last 2yrs is a better option then McAleny who's had a full preseason, scoring twice, why did Martinez offer 23yr old Connor a new three yr deal?

Ok, so let me ask you this? We're at home to Watford, scores are locked at 1-1 and we need a goal.

If Oveido on one leg, having played only 90mins in the last 2yrs is a better option then McAleny who's had a full preseason, scoring twice, why did Martinez offer 23yr old Connor a new three yr deal?
I'd say they're probably about even. So Martinez made his choice and it obviously wasn't such a bad one as we came back twice to draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back