Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Austin.
Need price to reduce some more
Club not paying 15 mill for someone with ten months of deal left.

There's always a stumbling block for Everton. Whilst I appreciate it's good to be prudent, if a club has so much trouble in finding the perfect purchase every time, you can imagine agents wondering if they are actually tyre kickers.

Charlie Austin is this years Moutinho / Riquelme / Koumas / McManaman / Sean Davis etc etc

Supposedly we're "skimping" on transfer fees upfront in order to stop taking out the VIBRAC loans (payday)... Which are hindering our financial stability, once we're out of this cycle (providing we can get the targets Bobby is going on about)
It'll be much smoother. I have a feeling our expenditure will be very low, less than £25 million (inc £4 million already) which gives us £7 million per position.
No doubt the Striker will be a loan deal, Negredo (Sevilla outcast)? Adebayor (paycut required)?
Both offer something different to what we've currently got.
As for this special character who's going to unlock everybodies defence. I am excited and anxious to see what Bobby and big Bill are up to. Shaqiri, may or may not of been a target, we'll never know... But he's not our player so there's nothing more to be said... Unless we're all upset that we didn't sign Max Gradel, because Bournemouth did? "They've spent more than us"...
That's my look on things, it's one of the plausible reasons for the occurrences, along with the fact we save months on wages getting em in late. Business sense, I guess.
Des it actually save money getting players in late on in the window? Possibly transfer fee could be lower (or higher) but surely contract length would be the same i.e 2,3 0r 4 years.

Been a little out of the picture for the last few days lads, could someone update me on what's been going on re: transfers?

Sensible replies only please, I've been up to here with it.

Been a little out of the picture for the last few days lads, could someone update me on what's been going on re: transfers?

Sensible replies only please, I've been up to here with it.

In all honesty mate you've missed literally nothing.

Which is a worry in itself.

Martinez said he wanted 3 players. An attacking mid, Striker and centre back. This morning I'm seeing that has already gone down to 2 players.

Des it actually save money getting players in late on in the window? Possibly transfer fee could be lower (or higher) but surely contract length would be the same i.e 2,3 0r 4 years.
Who you get in for how long you are going to have to pay them so to some extent it doesn't matter. The wages are pretty stable/predictable dependant on the squad size. What does matter is the big outlay for signing them in the first place.

Longer contracts increases the amount of money you get back if someone wants to buy them down the line and means that they don't leave on a free meaning you have to replace them at the cost of another big one off payment (wages would be paid no matter who it is)

I understand that players become available towards deadline day due to other deals happening, but surely there are players available now who could improve us.

I can never understand jeopardising 12 points in the first four games to wait until the 1st, especially when 3 of those are very tough fixtures and our injury list is getting longer.

That said on a positive note, wasn't Chelsea at home the fixture after the window in 2013 that kicked off our boss togger season, same again this year?!

We've been linked with Van Dijk again, according to the clubs official facebook page

I doubt we'll make a move for him until Celtic's tie with Malmo is over (If we do at all)
Let's hope not .

From what I have seen he is slow and cumbersome , over plays and gets caught in possession - and that's in a pub league.

There is a reason that Holland with a shocking central defence don't pick him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back