Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let me ask you this? We're at home to Watford, scores are locked at 1-1 and we need a goal.

If Oveido on one leg, having played only 90mins in the last 2yrs is a better option then McAleny who's had a full preseason, scoring twice, why did Martinez offer 23yr old Connor a new three yr deal?

Can we go back to talking about european number 10s who we are going to get linked with and then lose out to bristol city as we offered the deal in £6 weekly installments only after loaning the player for a year

We will sign players, I'm not convinced we were in for shaqiri anyway. The issue is we should have them in by now but maybe we can't sign then for different reasons, the club is still looking for a replacement, Evans for example. Man u trying to sign. a defender. The same with a playmaker or his agent is looking for a CL club and is waiting, clubs wanting to much and playing games till the end like Lennon as we know the prices spurs play, we could sign him on a free next season.

I'd like to see someone who can play both centrally and wide left as a playmaker. Like Pienaar
I imagine that's what Martinez has identified as his target and is looking for

Agreed. That would be my preference aswell.

Maybe there is a chance we could get Lennon and an AM.

I'd say they're probably about even. So Martinez made his choice and it obviously wasn't such a bad one as we came back twice to draw

Ok, so a busted Oviedo and a fit McAleny in that situation (looking for a goal) are "probably about even".. LOL!

I rest my case.

We have to get Lennon imo, 2 wingers is what we all want, McGeady & Pienaar have died and Deulofeu, as excited as I am about him, isn't going to be reliable all season. Lennon was what made us tick and Coleman was looking at his best in patches. He'd still be high on my priorities.

I understand Mirallas was injured and hence the substitution. But I'm sorry, I don't see Oviedo as winger, let along a better attacking option then McAleny.

Now in the context of what I've seen all pre-season, there's no way anyone can justify Oviedo, who has hardly played and has looked beyond rusty, coming on instead of Connor, who had looked sharp and bagged a couple of goals.

For me Martinez was outstanding in the first season. His subs we based on his unconditional confidence in the backline. When Distin's form went last year, so did Roberto's bottle for making attacking, proactive team selections and subs.

Kone for Galloway was forced and reactive. Goal down chasing the game.

He needs to attack right from the outset , not when he's left with little choice.

I have no doubt our fragility defensively is effecting his decision making.

As much as I have my serious doubts about RM you can't possibly moan about his subs this past weekend. They rescued him!!

And considering Baines is out for a while Oviedo needs minutes ASAP!

We have to get Lennon imo, 2 wingers is what we all want, McGeady & Pienaar have died and Deulofeu, as excited as I am about him, isn't going to be reliable all season. Lennon was what made us tick and Coleman was looking at his best in patches. He'd still be high on my priorities.

Or we could try to get someone better then Lennon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back