Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we want to sign players but theres alot of deadwood at the club who will be on alot of wages. Mcgeady is one of them. I wouldnt be suprised if hes trying to ship one or two out aswell.

I'm not even that arsed about Van Dijk, just cannot understand the Evans move if it ever happens.
Evans = Desperation.

Can't see us getting anyone else to be honest.

Think we will get Evans and Lennon and are holding off to get them cheaper at the end of the deadline. Sad but a way of life for Everton.

There was a quote from Stuart McCall on BBC Sport in some Celtic argument which I thought was a bit interesting:

"When most teams go to Parkhead, they usually play with just the one up front and Virgil van Dijk strolls about."

Does he maybe look a really decent player because he's a) playing in the SPL, but also b) He's not even getting tested in the matches by strikers etc.? Because that's kind of the role I'd want Stones to do against a single striker.

Re Austin.
Need price to reduce some more
Club not paying 15 mill for someone with ten months of deal left.

The thing with Austin though, if QPR sell him, they have to replace him. Also, I would imagine they would rather keep him whether he's got 10 months on his contract or not, because he's the player who can get them back into the prem, and the riches they would then get far outweigh the money they would lose on Austin going on a free at the end of 10 months.

There was a quote from Stuart McCall on BBC Sport in some Celtic argument which I thought was a bit interesting:

"When most teams go to Parkhead, they usually play with just the one up front and Virgil van Dijk strolls about."

Does he maybe look a really decent player because he's a) playing in the SPL, but also b) He's not even getting tested in the matches by strikers etc.? Because that's kind of the role I'd want Stones to do against a single striker.

Said this before. ive heard from a good few celtic season ticket holders that he is decent in the SPL but once he plays in europe he is bang average. They all prefered Denayer who they had on loan from city last season.

It's both. He's a class above that league in terms of raw ability and he has pace to bail him out when caught out.

What he does is build play from the back as he's great with the ball at feet. He basically ticks every box you want from a defender under Martinez.

Whereas Jonny Evans is badly Jonny Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back