Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
There was a quote from Stuart McCall on BBC Sport in some Celtic argument which I thought was a bit interesting:

"When most teams go to Parkhead, they usually play with just the one up front and Virgil van Dijk strolls about."

Does he maybe look a really decent player because he's a) playing in the SPL, but also b) He's not even getting tested in the matches by strikers etc.? Because that's kind of the role I'd want Stones to do against a single striker.
I watched some of the Celtic game at the weekend as it was on. Particularly to watch this van Dijk.
He wasn't tested, and my first impression was a big slow guy with confidence on the ball, unfortunately Partick were so crap I didn't see him make a tackle.

It's both. He's a class above that league in terms of raw ability and he has pace to bail him out when caught out.

What he does is build play from the back as he's great with the ball at feet. He basically ticks every box you want from a defender under Martinez.

Whereas Jonny Evans is badly Jonny Evans.

This

We'll sorely regret not signing him should we miss out

We'll be looking back in 2-3 years and agonising that he went elsewhere

Mark my words, this is a gamble the club MUST take. It's not even a gamble, it's sure thing

Lets face it will van dijk be happy to sit on the bench at everton. He wont be in before Jags or Stones. Where if he goes to southampto or sunderland hes a gauranteed starter and will be on the same wages or more than we will offer. Plus the saints are in europe.

Lets face it will van dijk be happy to sit on the bench at everton. He wont be in before Jags or Stones. Where if he goes to southampto or sunderland hes a gauranteed starter and will be on the same wages or more than we will offer. Plus the saints are in europe.

Wouldn't he be cup-tied from already playing in Europe?

It's both. He's a class above that league in terms of raw ability and he has pace to bail him out when caught out.

What he does is build play from the back as he's great with the ball at feet. He basically ticks every box you want from a defender under Martinez.

Whereas Jonny Evans is badly Jonny Evans.

I

I watched some of the Celtic game at the weekend as it was on. Particularly to watch this van Dijk.
He wasn't tested, and my first impression was a big slow guy with confidence on the ball, unfortunately Partick were so crap I didn't see him make a tackle.

Are we talking about the same fella here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back