Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's 2 instead of 3 now. People are happy with lennon and Evans? They are average at best, I won't deny that lennon made a impact on loan but we need better players.

Where is the ambition from the club? Frustrating.
Do people not read anything anyone else's posts?, he hasn't said he only wants to, he said he wants a couple which as someone above pointed out could mean more than 2

So it's 2 instead of 3 now. People are happy with lennon and Evans? They are average at best, I won't deny that lennon made a impact on loan but we need better players.

Where is the ambition from the club? Frustrating.
This would be depressing for me, if we only get Lennon and Evans in. If this is the case, I think Martinez will not survive this season!

Given Martinez's downgrading of players needed, and us signing Holgate as a cheap back up option I am more confident that Stones is staying. I think big signings, such as Austin would have been dependant on Stones going, as would signing 3+ players.

If Stones goes on deadline day, expect a similar scramble to 2 years ago. I anticipate Austin to be waiting in the car ready to go through. We'd also probably sign Lennon for a nominal fee and loan Evans. We can only hope a number 10 would be included in the dealings, but might be pushing it a bit.

This would be depressing for me, if we only get Lennon and Evans in. If this is the case, I think Martinez will not survive this season!
The fans were getting impatient within 20mins on Saturday. If Martinez doesn't sort his tactics out or get players in that can make it work then there will be huge pressure on him from the stands. Especially with the fixtures we've got.

Got to feel for Martinez to be honest, i do believe that Shaqiri, Ogbonna and Payet were all genuine targets and those in charge failed to get them in for him.
I'm only convinced we were in for Ogbonna, and the reason we never got him was London and first team football for him. We wanted Shaqiri but not enough to want him permanent and I'm unsure about Payet, there was literally one daily mail article about him.

I still think Martinez's first choice playmaker hasn't been revealed to the press. It's unknown and anyone could guess.

Why whats changed ? Has Martinez said this ?

He said we need two or three from the get go. Media clung on to 3.
He then said the other night "we need a couple", so everyone is going bat-crazy that he must obviously mean we don't need a striker.

Another example of melt-down in here without cause.

I'm only convinced we were in for Ogbonna, and the reason we never got him was London and first team football for him. We wanted Shaqiri but not enough to want him permanent and I'm unsure about Payet, there was literally one daily mail article about him.

I still think Martinez's first choice playmaker hasn't been revealed to the press. It's unknown and anyone could guess.

Totally agree with this. And I think negotiations are probably on-going but the lads current club don't really want to sell or don't want to sell until they have a replacement

my concern right now is martinez not being able to sign the right sort of players over the next couple of weeks, we have a terrible start to the season, epseically over 10 games and we then either sack the manager or worse still stand by him whilst he nose dives into relegation scraps again.

But more specifically, right now its not about signing any player, its about signing a player or two that makes the club be able to go 'trust us, we know what we are doing'. Lennon and evans is not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back