Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ita
There is some amount of fume and frustration here being caused by believing and interpreting what is being written in the rags.

Sample Headline - "Everton, West Ham and Stoke battle it out over elite midfielder transfer"
*Stoke bid for player accepted*
Sample Headline - "Everton beaten to the signing of star midfielder by Stoke"
Fan Reaction - "YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT??? [Poor language removed] STOKE!!! The board is a disgrace, the manager is a disgrace.... how can they beat us to the signing of a player... they're Stoke!!!"

I would guess there are 100's of players that we are 'interested in' over the course of a season... if for one reason or another we opt not to go for that particular player that doesn't automatically mean we were out muscled.

There looks to be only one transfer this summer so far where we've had a player turn us down in order to sign for another club and that was Ogbonna. My gut feeling is that he picked West Ham because he would be a guaranteed starter and not because the board or manager utterly failed.

Just because a tabloid say's we're 'interested in' or 'trying to sign' a player who subsequently signs for someone else.... that does not mean that the player has turned us down. As has been hammered home constantly, a particular attitude and character is something that they are looking for in a player... Roberto could very easily meet a player and think "[Poor language removed], best swerve this chap".

RE: Evans... didn't Roberto say there was absolutely no truth in that rumour?

P.S. I wonder is this very public frustration with our lack of signings has any affect on negotiations. If I was someone like Daniel Levy and could see that Everton fans were getting frustrated with the lack of signings... I would definitely pop an extra few quid on any price tag knowing that the Everton board are under pressure from the fans to make signings.
Or would someone like Levy make a bid knowing too well it's not high enough to force us to offer 2 players a new deal. In turn pushing up our wage bill. Call me cynical but it may be happening.

Unfair on the youngsters they have appeared for the Blues - TBH Browning looked great at the back pre season!

Not being unfair on them, they both look like they have bright futures. I just don't think it's adequate back up for a Premier League club.

Though, I'd rather those remain back up instead of bringing in Jonny Evans.

Surprised w're going for another young CB in Holgate, investing in a RB to replace Hibbert would surely have been a better way to spend money. Although obviously you can't have too many good players, just seems like the club aren't addressing our RB situation at all - if Coleman gets injured and Hibbert is still out we'll have no RBs.

It's all very well having promising youngsters like Galloway, Browning and even McAlney to an extent. But it's then another thing all together, having to bring them off the bench to maybe change a game or at an important moment in the match due to an injury, say. I know it's very early on in the season, but we're not at a stage where we can/should be leaning on these lads IMO. However promising they are.

Surprised w're going for another young CB in Holgate, investing in a RB to replace Hibbert would surely have been a better way to spend money. Although obviously you can't have too many good players, just seems like the club aren't addressing our RB situation at all - if Coleman gets injured and Hibbert is still out we'll have no RBs.

Holgate is a right back ;-)

Centre half sorted.

Right, playmaker next. That Gallagher at north end? plays on the left and seems creative? good age too?

Centre half sorted? What an 18 year old centre half/full back, who's only ever played around 20 professional games for Barnsley. And we're expecting him to be our 3rd centre half/right back. He's the same as Browning and Galloway, promising youngster but needs a year or two.

Jesus wept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back