Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a poster on a Barnsley forum on Holgate.

Holgate is no Stones IMO, he's been reading his own press & is after a move for personal gain rather than football development.

He had a decent season for a first one, but did peter off towards the end, possibly due to too many games, or complacency?

In the preseason games has not done anything special, ok, but that's all.

He's young & raw, to answer your question if he is ready or not, i'd personally say no, he needs bringing on & developing, Stones on the other hand, well, lots of fans at this club were saying that he would play for England, it was plain for all to see (apart from our board who sold him on the cheap!)

If being at a bigger club like Everton (who i think do a good job of nurturing young talent & looking after them) where he won't get to play every week, is better than being here, surroundings where he is familiar & settled, where he will play week in & week out is beneficial, is open to opinion.

He will do a good job for us if he stays, but i think the top flight is too much of a step up at this moment in time, but to be honest mate, if he starts with the 'billy big balls' down here, the Barnsley fans will soon let him know what they think of that!

With regards to Stones, he grew up here & we love him.

Must admit tho we want the sale to go thru, the more money the better, so we get our sell on percentage, not sure what that is though, it's surrounded in secrecy.

Best o luck this season.

Which would have been cherry picked if they become top quality...

So we're left with no central defenders? Right.

We can sit here all day and pretend the board are more corrupt than an average United States police force, or we can acknowledge the fact the board are a bunch of lousy businessmen who have still somehow managed to put two England regulars in defense for the past 7-8 years.

Holgate may or may not pan out, but it would be inarguably a shrewd signing. End of.

well the reliable source of the "Bournemouth daily echo" reports we have beaten AFC Bournemouth to the young lad Holgate,though it does mention they were only bidding 500k for the fella,didn't we bid a million ?.

So we're left with no central defenders? Right.

We can sit here all day and pretend the board are more corrupt than an average United States police force, or we can acknowledge the fact the board are a bunch of lousy businessmen who have still somehow managed to put two England regulars in defense for the past 7-8 years.

Holgate may or may not pan out, but it would be inarguably a shrewd signing. End of.

Shrewd? Maybe so, but not what we need right now. End of.

Last season, £28m was spent on a single player, as the club were keen "to make a statement" etc. This season we seemingly have next to nothing to spend. Are the two facts related (presumably) and was this probable and considerable downside explained to us by the club last summer (of course not). I know it is wholly unrealistic and deluded thinking but I for one would certainly appreciate an explanation from the club as to why we are such paupers in this summer's market. Is the debt position worsening, is money being re-directed to the new stadium move....? Now, I didn't expect us to be chasing any more £25m+ players, but it shouldn't be beyond the realms of fantasy to have expected a couple of £10m signings?

Last season, £28m was spent on a single player, as the club were keen "to make a statement" etc. This season we seemingly have next to nothing to spend. Are the two facts related (presumably) and was this probable and considerable downside explained to us by the club last summer (of course not). I know it is wholly unrealistic and deluded thinking but I for one would certainly appreciate an explanation from the club as to why we are such paupers in this summer's market. Is the debt position worsening, is money being re-directed to the new stadium move....? Now, I didn't expect us to be chasing any more £25m+ players, but it shouldn't be beyond the realms of fantasy to have expected a couple of £10m signings?

Welcome to the Everton realm and the deceit and lies and laundering no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back