Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my point (or I did a poor job of making my point clear).

The club are finding out this summer that obtaining an experienced centre-half is both expensive and not a lot of fun. By adding players like Holgate, they're at least giving themselves a chance of not having to go through this process again in three or four years.

A veteran defender is still required this summer.

They're just being tight arses mate.

Yeah when Javic was slotting he had Gibson Pienaar Osman and Mirallas giving him genuine good chances. Lukaku got ten last season from absolute scraps. Even 13/14 Roberto's good first season. Look how many goals were solo goals, direct free kicks, or wonder goals. 07/08, and calendar year of 2012 is probably the most creative we've been as a footballing side.
he 'slotted' for around 4 months, after that he was terrible mate

@milks

I get all that you've said, and I acknowledge it isn't easy and at times it isn't fair. But the point remains, Everton are paying a lot of players a lot of money to do not a lot on the pitch. A club like Everton need to be especially careful to avoid that trap.

NEA anymore, just gonna wait til the new fifa comes out and I'll buy and sell who I want

Real life is crap
Aye. This really.

For the past 4 or 5 weeks my phone battery barely lasts the day because i'm constantly checking Everton apps, internet, txting friends back in england through the day, just for news, anything...

For the past 3 days, i've been on 70% battery when ive been getting home. Can't be arsed anymore. Might grab a bottle of Hennesy tonight too.

They're just being tight arses mate.

Let's pretend for a moment your belief is true.

The board are actively choosing not to spend this summer, which means the squad is going to suffer and they'll finish in the bottom half of the table. As a fan, I'm annoyed, because as much as I like watching Everton, I greatly prefer it when they win.

Now let's fast forward three years. The board are again actively choosing not to spend again, even though Jagielka just retired. I'm not bothered, though, because we've got Browning, Galloway, Pennington, Holgate and maybe even Stones around, so we're still good in defense.

he 'slotted' for around 4 months, after that he was terrible mate

I think his service decreased as Fellaini was pushed up behind him and Gibson got injured. He then lost his confidence and seemed to be under instruction to pull out wide all the time. Useless there as he had no pace. He was a genuine penalty box poacher, an old fashioned type of striker. Seems to be though in the prem now you either have to be a Drogba type or an Aguero type, anything else isn't tolerated. Most of the top strikers in this league would look poor in our team because we starve them perhaps creating one half chance per game for them. Rather than buying an expensive backup striker like Austin we should put all our money into one or two top creative players to replace Osman Pienaar and Gibson.

The board are actively choosing not to spend this summer, which means the squad is going to suffer and they'll finish in the bottom half of the table. As a fan, I'm annoyed, because as much as I like watching Everton, I greatly prefer it when they win.

Now let's fast forward three years. The board are again actively choosing not to spend again, even though Jagielka just retired. I'm not bothered, though, because we've got Browning, Galloway, Pennington, Holgate and maybe even Stones around, so we're still good in defense.

Which would have been cherry picked if they become top quality...

If this happens we are doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back