Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mertens isn't either but we want him.

Mikey seems to think this guy is the muts nuts and Celtic certainly think the world of him plus he has Champions League experience and hasn't let himself down. Athletically he looks a player too. A bit of a gamble sure but maybe one that might be worth it.

Mikey is a great man but

S H A N E D U F F Y

You said he doesn't have premier league experience. Neither does Mertens.
but they play different positions. think Mart was saying Martinez wants an experienced CB. look at who we've been linked with Dann, Klavan, Astori, Ogbonna, they're all 27+

God that was painful, have only just started getting over a post i read earlier where ‘Adebeyor! was mentioned as a possibility of stepping foot on our ground in our kit, and nyarko thought he had a bad ride!!

It's the same reason a premier league club haven't taken the chance. He plays in Scotland.

One word answer to that - Wanyama.
Why hasn't he been capped by the Netherlands yet? They capped a 20 year old BMI who played in a league where defense doesn't even exist. Like I said, Idk if he's any good, but his own country doesn't rate him enough for one appearance yet? Warning signs is all.

Maybe they're not signing him because he's not that good? Just a thought.

but they play different positions. think Mart was saying Martinez wants an experienced CB. look at who we've been linked with Dann, Klavan, Astori, Ogbonna, they're all 27+
I know. It's clear what Martinez wants however it doesn't mean we have to agree with him. VVD might be a decent shout. Honestly I don't know enough about him. I do know he likes to go forward and almost looks more suited to being a CM not a CB so maybe it's his defensive discipline that Martinez fears.

It worries me if those 4 are true. It means we're now down to Martinez' 5th choice. At this rate it would make more sense to keep Alcaraz.

Why hasn't he been capped by the Netherlands yet? They capped a 20 year old BMI who played in a league where defense doesn't even exist. Like I said, Idk if he's any good, but his own country doesn't rate him enough for one appearance yet? Warning signs is all.

Maybe they're not signing him because he's not that good? Just a thought.
Swansea are decent side if it's true they're in for him. Maybe he's just holding out for the best club he can get.

I know. It's clear what Martinez wants however it doesn't mean we have to agree with him. VVD might be a decent shout. Honestly I don't know enough about him. I do know he likes to go forward and almost looks more suited to being a CM not a CB so maybe it's his defensive discipline that Martinez fears.

It worries me if those 4 are true. It means we're now down to Martinez' 5th choice. At this rate it would make more sense to keep Alcaraz.
not saying you have to agree with him but as it's the transfer thread we're obviously not looking to bring in a younger CB, vague links in a rag doesn't mean martinez is even interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back