Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

You're a parody of yourself mate. You're trying to cover Martinez's arse on the off chance Stones is sold.

You know what's funny? I'm actually giving Martinez credit here for ending the saga on face value. If what he has said is true, it's strong management.

Everton are "not a selling club" and "we are not going to sell our best players" and "John is not for sale, that's the end of it" are NOT things I'm going to criticise him for saying - except if they're not true of course!
His hands are tied, i feel sorry for Martinez if Stones is sold. It's not his fault.

Made the caveat of the player wanting to stay. Ultimately Stretford got the player to demand the transfer and he went, at a time we couldn't say no.

This is a different situation - we're now in a world where we know how much players have control and even with that in mind, Martinez was just completely unambiguous about what is going to happen this window regardless of Stones or his agent.
Ha Ha Ha.

Bankrupt.

Ha Ha Ha.

Bankrupt.

Moyes gave himself a get out clause with Rooney. Martinez just gave himself none whatsoever.

The player is staying, or Martinez is a liar, or the board are utter bells. They are the only three outcomes. If the latter two occur, Martinez should consider his position - not because of an agenda of mine, but because he either lied to the fans or, more likely, he's had the rug pulled out from under him.

He is not a stupid man - he would not have answered the questions in that presser that way unless he had something to base his comments on.

Continually playing the ref
lol
You're a parody of yourself mate. You're trying to cover Martinez's arse on the off chance Stones is sold.
You know what's funny? I'm actually giving Martinez credit here for ending the saga on face value. If what he has said is true, it's strong management.

Everton are "not a selling club" and "we are not going to sell our best players" and "John is not for sale, that's the end of it" are NOT things I'm going to criticise him for saying - except if they're not true of course!

No you're not. You're trying to throw a noose over a tree for him to stick his neck in.

Dont insult my intelligence.

Moyes said 'not for sale' multiple times. Martinez has said it now.

No difference whatsoever.

The desperation is pretty pathetic.

I appeal again: stay on topic, Stop hijacking this thread to continue your grubby work of attempting to smear the manager.

Another way to look at brown shoes presser this morning is that he is sending a message to the board.

I am not selling my best player and I want you to get me the players I told you to buy !

Don't you think that Martinez has sounded Stones out as to what he wants before making an unequivocal statement that he is not for sale?
Seems to me that's the first thing he will have done.
Well the player himself underlined he wanted to stay. If he changes his mind 4 weeks later then that's down to him.

No you're not. You're trying to throw a noose over a tree for him to stick his neck in.

I appeal again: stay on topic, Stop hijacking this thread to continue your grubby work of attempting to smear the manager.

Stop insulting people with an alternative view to you. It's just... crap.

There's no desperation - just a desire to believe what the manager says is actually what is going to happen.

It's only in your world the words "John is not for sale, that's the end of it" equates to "Hi Chelsea, John is for sale, please bid a bit more money!"

What are you even on about you batty crease? Manager says not for sale, you waffle on about what Moyes said over a decade ago and just fall short of labelling Tubey a plotter when he's praising the bloke. Very odd behaviour.

Another way to look at brown shoes presser this morning is that he is sending a message to the board.

I am not selling my best player and I want you to get me the players I told you to buy !
No, not for me.

Martinez is just as complicit with the board as Moyes was. He wouldn't have got the job otherwise.

this is my worry, he WANTS 3 players, will he get them?

Stop insulting people with an alternative view to you. It's just... crap.

There's no desperation - just a desire to believe what the manager says is actually what is going to happen.

It's only in your world the words "John is not for sale, that's the end of it" equates to "Hi Chelsea, John is for sale, please bid a bit more money!"

Stay on topic.

It is, but ultimately it comes down to what we all thought all along - we'd be absolutely mad to sell Stones this summer.

I think Martinez and the board know this from a financial perspective, not an idealistic one. The big money enters the game next summer and it'll be after the Euros - selling now would take an astronomical fee approaching £50m you'd have to think, so we're safe to say Stones is going nowhere now I reckon.

In fact, I'd bet money on Stones being an Everton player for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back