Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm and here's me thinking we had a sizeable transfer budget, having sold Baines and Coleman to utd,Barkley to city,Jakielka to Arsenal,Mirallas to Spurs and Garbutt to the [Poor language removed].And that's just a little example of the scare mongering that takes place on this forum EVERY transfer window.

Maybe you could add the Rooney, Lescott, Arteta,Rodwell,and Fellaini money to your sizeable budget, then leave it as late as possible for a bargain, if we miss out, we can go with what we've got. At least we tried.

Not at all - every player has their price, and Everton thus far have played "the game" like if a bid came in we couldn't refuse he'd go.

But Martinez just changed the game with what he just said - he just flat out said it's not happening. He's either made a colossal error or he means what he said, and his body language stated to me that he knows the score and wanted it ended.
Please mate, the smell of desperation coming from your posts trying to unseat the manager is nauseating now.

I thought you were netter than this, I really did.

Please stay on topic and stick to the transfer business.

Moyes on Rooney. "I am not here to sell my best players and Wayne wants to stay. Wayne will continue at Everton."

Made the caveat of the player wanting to stay. Ultimately Stretford got the player to demand the transfer and he went, at a time we couldn't say no.

This is a different situation - we're now in a world where we know how much players have control and even with that in mind, Martinez was just completely unambiguous about what is going to happen this window regardless of Stones or his agent.

Please mate, the smell of desperation coming from your posts trying to unseat the manager is nauseating now.

I thought you were netter than this, I really did.

Please stay on topic and stick to the transfer business.

:lol:

You're a parody of yourself mate. You're trying to cover Martinez's arse on the off chance Stones is sold.

You know what's funny? I'm actually giving Martinez credit here for ending the saga on face value. If what he has said is true, it's strong management.

Everton are "not a selling club" and "we are not going to sell our best players" and "John is not for sale, that's the end of it" are NOT things I'm going to criticise him for saying - except if they're not true of course!

Moyes/Martinez/Whomever....they cant stop players wanting to leave. They can talk up the price...and this is still all part of the bargaining process with Chelsea.

Please tell me that your being a bit mischievous here and aren't really that naive?
Don't you think that Martinez has sounded Stones out as to what he wants before making an unequivocal statement that he is not for sale?
Seems to me that's the first thing he will have done.

That particular one struck me as canny tactics to drive the price up. Something we didn't see with Rooney, but certainly formed part of the Lescott and Felliani dealings when it was evident they wanted out.

We played United beautifully with the Felliani deal.
And it's in that tradition that we have to see what's going on with Stones in.

The manager isn't breaking new territory here as we know.

It really is sad that some are so desperate to see the back of him they're prepared to ignore all those transfer dealings in the past when players were 'not for sale' but eventually went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back