Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are thousands of players in world football but since almost everyone we've been linked with has either moved elsewhere or signed a new contract, who are we actually gonna sign as a playmaker and/or striker?

Feels like there's nothing good left on the market we can afford according to the silent papers.

But nobody - absolutely nobody - will buy that because the manager has just said in the most unambiguous way possible that this lad is not getting sold.

If he does, then it will be a bloodbath. And there is no way Martinez would have said what he just did if he thought that was a possibility.
Only way he goes now is if they bid a stupid amount like £40m which won't happen. If he did go for that fee as long as it was early enough to buy replacements I think the fume would be less as to turn down that sort of money would be difficult for any club.

That was on the money.

Tv cash or no tv cash - Everton sell it's best players. This is the way it is. This is the way it always will be until new owners come in.

So you're calling Martinez a compulsive liar then - given he's just literally said we're not a selling club?

Come on mate, it's been agreed that the Roberto Martinez thread is the one where all the anti-manager bile is poured into.

But nobody - absolutely nobody - will buy that because the manager has just said in the most unambiguous way possible that this lad is not getting sold.

If he does, then it will be a bloodbath. And there is no way Martinez would have said what he just did if he thought that was a possibility.
Are you telling me that you didn't hear David Moyes say tens of times the words 'he's not for sale' concerning every player of note who he actually did sell in the end?

When the player pipes up and the money is presented Everton will ALWAYS do the business.

There is 1 irritant in most threads and mods seem to let him get away with it for some reason.

Back on topic, at least a bit of positivity in that Stones is not leaving and 3 coming in, should have had bodies in this week though, guess they are saving on wages again right until the deadline.

Are you telling me that you didn't hear David Moyes say tens of times the words 'he's not for sale' concerning every player of note who he actually did sell in the end?

When the player pipes up and the money is presented Everton will ALWAYS do the business.

Moyes never did what Martinez just did. Martinez just acknowledged the interest, acknowledged the bids, but said he's not going anywhere and "that's the end of it."

He just said "we're not selling" and "that's the end of it" - those exact words - so how much clearer can he possibly be?

No, he literally said "John's not for sale and that's that".
mrskint.jpg

So you're calling Martinez a compulsive liar then - given he's just literally said we're not a selling club?

Come on mate, it's been agreed that the Roberto Martinez thread is the one where all the anti-manager bile is poured into.
Moyes/Martinez/Whomever....they cant stop players wanting to leave. They can talk up the price...and this is still all part of the bargaining process with Chelsea.

Please tell me that your being a bit mischievous here and aren't really that naive?

lol
No, no he didn't. He's said that Stones will be staying and that he wants to keep all Everton's talent together.

Bid comes in and it's daft money he goes.

Welcome to the world of 21st century football.

'Not for sale. End of.' That's what he said.

Hopefully, we stick by that statement.

We haven't sold a player we really haven't wanted to since... Arteta? Of course we sell players, and of course if he was desperate for a move away he would be sold. But he's not, and we won't.

I'm barely even disagreeing with you on all of this, just making the point that Martinez was emphatic today - way more emphatic than any time previous - that Stones isn't getting sold. If he does get sold, all hell will break loose and it will be these quotes that fuel it. But I don't think our manager is daft.

I know there are thousands of players in world football but since almost everyone we've been linked with has either moved elsewhere or signed a new contract, who are we actually gonna sign as a playmaker and/or striker?

Feels like there's nothing good left on the market we can afford according to the silent papers.

There is zero evidence that we've been actually interested in any of these players we've "MISSED OUT ON". The newspapers here a rumour of a player wanting to come to the premier league or his agent says they're in talks with a number of clubs, so they take a look at our short on numbers squad and say "didn't bobby say he was after a playmaker? Get that headline going lar, "Everton Make Offer For Shaquiri"

Then when it doesn't come off, plumbs like you start whinging on GOT.

And the cycle resumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back