Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need two 10 million pound players for our bench.
We havent got 20 million pounds in total, never mind to bench!

We nee dto ad dplayers who are going to grow and build from there. Always said this, you have a squad under 30 for the best part but all are improving each year when given game time. Compared to the previous manager we are looking to have that, we have enough young potential players for the first team mixed with experienced ones. The bench needs to be players who can add to the team, options, but not break the bank i think. ones that in a year or so could command a first team place over an existing player, for example john smith 23, back up to lukaku, we sell lukaku and then smith comes in and bangs 20 the enxt season. Poor example but roughly this is what i mean, especially as john smith cost us 4 million from holland or something.

I agree but not to replace Kone. You need someone with experience incase Rom is out for a while.
so far our experience players have been kone who spent 18 months half dead and eto'o who couldnt wait to leave us.

plus having experience meant martinez thought a solution to the form problem was sticking all his strikers on the pitch at the same time! Rather have a back up personally who he cant do that with.

But the point i am trying to make is no striker will be as good as lukaku, is it not better to have a poorer back up who has years to develop rather than an aging one last top club type of deal instead?

We havent got 20 million pounds in total, never mind to bench!

We nee dto ad dplayers who are going to grow and build from there. Always said this, you have a squad under 30 for the best part but all are improving each year when given game time. Compared to the previous manager we are looking to have that, we have enough young potential players for the first team mixed with experienced ones. The bench needs to be players who can add to the team, options, but not break the bank i think. ones that in a year or so could command a first team place over an existing player, for example john smith 23, back up to lukaku, we sell lukaku and then smith comes in and bangs 20 the enxt season. Poor example but roughly this is what i mean, especially as john smith cost us 4 million from holland or something.
We've spent 5m. We've cleared two players out and brought two in so the wage bill is similar.

How much money did we get this season from the new TV deal?

The fact is we don't know. If we are saving for a stadium then it depends how much they are setting aside however if we aren't we should have buckets of cash.

Besides if we sell McGeady then we're only talking 17m. That's 21m total for the window.

I'm all for a young squad. But we have a young squad. We need a bit of experience in those two positions.

Last edited:
so far our experience players have been kone who spent 18 months half dead and eto'o who couldnt wait to leave us.

plus having experience meant martinez thought a solution to the form problem was sticking all his strikers on the pitch at the same time! Rather have a back up personally who he cant do that with.

But the point i am trying to make is no striker will be as good as lukaku, is it not better to have a poorer back up who has years to develop rather than an aging one last top club type of deal instead?
Not to rely on. 1. It would be unfair to him due to being too much pressure. and 2. Kone when fit can do a job, he scored over 10 goals at Wigan in his last season and has looked OK playing for us. Personally if we could get Hernandez I would sell Kone but I wouldn't rely on a kid.

We've spent 5m. We've cleared two players out and brought two in so the wage bill is similar.

How much money did we get this season from the new TV deal?

The fact is we don't know. If we are saving for a stadium then it depends how much they are setting aside however if we aren't we should have buckets of cash.

Besides if we sell McGeady then we're only talking 17m. That's 21m total for the window.
I think most of us aren't sure how much money we have to spend or what we made from TV deals

But next summer this board will have nowhere to hide as we all know we are going to be at least 50mil better off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back