Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't an attractive proposition for any striker of note. We play one up front, that one is our record signing, the apple of the manager's eye and the focal point of the entire side.

Anyone coming in has to be aware that they're second fiddle and waiting for a 10 minute sub appearance, maybe a League Cup appearance against Peterborough or a game when Lukaku is injured or having his ball repelling force field recharged.

As such our options are youngsters, has-been's or 'projects'...or as I'd expect a loan signing from someone accustomed to playing that role elsewhere who merely gives another option.

Personally, I think we should break the bank to get Charlie Austin and switch to somehow playing two strikers as I think the synergy between Austin and Lukaku would be thrilling. But that's just my pipe dream.
He is my pipe dream but all that logic which I agree with is why Kone is our best option. Austin for our bench and to play 2 up front against the minnows would be good. Far too expensive though.

As an Everton fan if you don't have hope what do you you have?

I agree we never actually spent much over the last two windows even with buying Rom but we have been given an extra how much from TV. The rest of the league is spending like crazy so this year should be different.

It would make sense to invest now the year before because the payoff or loss if we drop positions in the league is amplified. I certainly hope they didn't recently just realize that and have been caught unaware. I said something like that on this forum months ago. If that's the reason they've approached the financial firm then it's a screw up of epic proportions. Hopefully it's for the stadium.

btw - McGeady is 4m.

I have cynicism, not optimism when it comes to everton lol

But we are a club who finished in the top 7 for years and years and we are still skint! We consistently sell players to the clubs above and invest hardly any of the money raised, lescott being the exception in recent times (thank god!). We are being overtaken potentially by stoke and southampton for money spent at least yet we should be hanging on the coatails of the rich to most people, our fans included?!

All that being said i can see the squad martinez is building as really positive, even on the cheap and on the yearly drip. The squad is decent enough now, i have questions about the manager (i havent forgot!) but the team i cant complain about.

We aren't an attractive proposition for any striker of note. We play one up front, that one is our record signing, the apple of the manager's eye and the focal point of the entire side.

Anyone coming in has to be aware that they're second fiddle and waiting for a 10 minute sub appearance, maybe a League Cup appearance against Peterborough or a game when Lukaku is injured or having his ball repelling force field recharged.

As such our options are youngsters, has-been's or 'projects'...or as I'd expect a loan signing from someone accustomed to playing that role elsewhere who merely gives another option.

Personally, I think we should break the bank to get Charlie Austin and switch to somehow playing two strikers as I think the synergy between Austin and Lukaku would be thrilling. But that's just my pipe dream.
us playing with 2 then drops del/barkely/besic(love the player)/mirallas out of the team.

point is its a case of lesser of two evils, do you play good young attacking midfielders, or play 2 strikers with less creativity for them?

My thought on a back up striker is someone who isnt going to see lukaku as an obsticle but someone to aim to get better than and seize chances over. I don't disagree with your view on lukaku though :)

I have cynicism, not optimism when it comes to everton lol

But we are a club who finished in the top 7 for years and years and we are still skint! We consistently sell players to the clubs above and invest hardly any of the money raised, lescott being the exception in recent times (thank god!). We are being overtaken potentially by stoke and southampton for money spent at least yet we should be hanging on the coatails of the rich to most people, our fans included?!

All that being said i can see the squad martinez is building as really positive, even on the cheap and on the yearly drip. The squad is decent enough now, i have questions about the manager (i havent forgot!) but the team i cant complain about.
That's not true. It's not hard to understand why we're always skint.

Our revenue is limited compared to the teams around but we still have to keep up with the wages of the players. Every player we sell normally goes straight back in to getting a replacement. The odd player that is sold that doesn't goes into covering the cashflow since we don't bring in enough to cover our costs.

We're essentially not a rich enough club to be where we are in the league. The only solution to that is building a stadium. I know people don't want to admit that and prefer to think the board is stealing all the money but it's the simple truth.

9 mil more for lukaku this summer too..

i think people forget this bit when talking about our budget this summer. i'm sure nobody knows for sure what the structure is mind.

on howard, i can't see him wanting to move to a different team in england. think it'll either be return home to MLS or stay here and see out his contract. i would say alter the previous plans and get ospina in. take £2.5m up front off the cnetre back and playmaker payments etc. take more out of next summer's budget. do anything - howard cost us so many points last season. robles will become a decent keeper one day but i don't want him 1st choice now.

i think people forget this bit when talking about our budget this summer. i'm sure nobody knows for sure what the structure is mind.

on howard, i can't see him wanting to move to a different team in england. think it'll either be return home to MLS or stay here and see out his contract. i would say alter the previous plans and get ospina in. take £2.5m up front off the cnetre back and playmaker payments etc. take more out of next summer's budget. do anything - howard cost us so many points last season. robles will become a decent keeper one day but i don't want him 1st choice now.

Navas unhappy at Real. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back