Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've spent 5m. We've cleared two players out and brought two in so the wage bill is similar.

How much money did we get this season from the new TV deal?

The fact is we don't know. If we are saving for a stadium then it depends how much they are setting aside however if we aren't we should have buckets of cash.

Besides if we sell McGeady then we're only talking 17m. That's 21m total for the window.

I'm all for a young squad. But we have a young squad. We need a bit of experience in those two positions.

first of all, saving for a stadium? aye we are, thats where the arteta money went........

But as a rule we dont spend much money, we can spin it sure but we dont spend. Last summer we didnt spend 40+ million, we spent out on galloway, besic and 5-6 million on lukaku, the rest bar fees was wages. Point is it looks like we invested heavy but we didnt have much money to spend. Not everyone will agree with this but that is what i think anyway. Considering we spent 10 million the year before, had years before that of spending 0, you can see where i get it from.

We didnt get anything else for the tv deal, the tv deal doesnt kick in for a year or two! so same as last year.

And are you valuing Mcgeady at 17 million? or 4 million?

Not to rely on. 1. It would be unfair to him due to being too much pressure. and 2. Kone when fit can do a job, he scored over 10 goals at Wigan in his last season and has looked OK playing for us. Personally if we could get Hernandez I would sell Kone but I wouldn't rely on a kid.
Hernandez is a pipe dream mate and only way we are signing him is if Lukaku is wearing a different shirt next year.

But yes kone can do a job, but he had a chance to last year and scored exactly one goal! he is 32, had a serious long term injury and is getting older all the time. There has to be a point where you stop putting faith into a player because he is our player and see the possibility that he might not be worth his place in the squad for a team chasing europe!

Everyone going mad about us missing out on certain players.
Im on season 20/21 on FM15 and deulofeu is better than wijnaldum, shaqiri and mertens on it. European player of the year.

So we are winning the tramsfer window

Surely that is what everyone is basing these players on isn't it?

Everyone going mad about us missing out on certain players.
Im on season 20/21 on FM15 and deulofeu is better than wijnaldum, shaqiri and mertens on it. European player of the year.

So we are winning the tramsfer window

Surely that is what everyone is basing these players on isn't it?

We're not winning but we're on track ! #tramsfer market

Don't go off the rails at me for picking your typos up !!

first of all, saving for a stadium? aye we are, thats where the arteta money went........

But as a rule we dont spend much money, we can spin it sure but we dont spend. Last summer we didnt spend 40+ million, we spent out on galloway, besic and 5-6 million on lukaku, the rest bar fees was wages. Point is it looks like we invested heavy but we didnt have much money to spend. Not everyone will agree with this but that is what i think anyway. Considering we spent 10 million the year before, had years before that of spending 0, you can see where i get it from.

We didnt get anything else for the tv deal, the tv deal doesnt kick in for a year or two! so same as last year.

And are you valuing Mcgeady at 17 million? or 4 million?
As an Everton fan if you don't have hope what do you you have?

I agree we never actually spent much over the last two windows even with buying Rom but we have been given an extra how much from TV. The rest of the league is spending like crazy so this year should be different.

It would make sense to invest now the year before because the payoff or loss if we drop positions in the league is amplified. I certainly hope they didn't recently just realize that and have been caught unaware. I said something like that on this forum months ago. If that's the reason they've approached the financial firm then it's a screw up of epic proportions. Hopefully it's for the stadium.

btw - McGeady is 4m.

Hernandez is a pipe dream mate and only way we are signing him is if Lukaku is wearing a different shirt next year.

But yes kone can do a job, but he had a chance to last year and scored exactly one goal! he is 32, had a serious long term injury and is getting older all the time. There has to be a point where you stop putting faith into a player because he is our player and see the possibility that he might not be worth his place in the squad for a team chasing europe!

We aren't an attractive proposition for any striker of note. We play one up front, that one is our record signing, the apple of the manager's eye and the focal point of the entire side.

Anyone coming in has to be aware that they're second fiddle and waiting for a 10 minute sub appearance, maybe a League Cup appearance against Peterborough or a game when Lukaku is injured or having his ball repelling force field recharged.

As such our options are youngsters, has-been's or 'projects'...or as I'd expect a loan signing from someone accustomed to playing that role elsewhere who merely gives another option.

Personally, I think we should break the bank to get Charlie Austin and switch to somehow playing two strikers as I think the synergy between Austin and Lukaku would be thrilling. But that's just my pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back