Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it is in sterling it's a hell of a lot cheaper than whacking £15m on Scott Dann who turns like long life UHT milk. Takes our summer spending to roughly £12m too. You'd like to think there's about £25m left for the other 2.

For some reason, and I don't know why, I imagined a carton of UHT Milk physically turning around before realising what you meant.

And how many times have you seen him play? I am so glad you're not in charge.

A defender from a pub league who is prone to lapses of concentration but can get up for a header= Alcaraz all over again.

People have a semi on as he's from South America. Could probably get Evans for £5 mil who is at least somewhat proven in the league (although I would prefer we took a punt on Van Dijk)

A defender from a pub league who is prone to lapses of concentration but can get up for a header= Alcaraz all over again.

People have a semi on as he's from South America. Could probably get Evans for £5 mil who is at least somewhat proven in the league (although I would prefer we took a punt on Van Dijk)

Criticise the league he plays in but would take a punt on someone from the Scottish league? Makes sense.

I bet you haven't seen either Van Dijk or Mori play have you? Theres no harm in admitting you don't have a clue sometimes. I have no more idea about the Argentine fella than I do Van Dijk.

I'm all for giving players a chance but he has flop written all over him imo. Would rather go for VDV or even Evans who im not keen on.
Isn't "he has flop written all over him" pretty much the complete opposite of "all for giving players a chance"?

How can you have such strong feelings one way or another about a player you've never even seen?

Hardly rave reviews but he's young enough to improve, especially as centre backs peak around 28-32.

He'll have to learn and fast though. Jagielka will need to do a lot of talking to him during the game by the sounds of it.

Can't really think of South American centre halves who actually turn out any good over here though....

Only one answer.. WUM.
Particularly so when he posted this earlier in the thread, you'd think this might be the type of signing that would meet with approval!
I would blame Kenwright but after seeing Ogbonna's comments on thanking us in negotiations it's clear we have some money at this stage, so I can only blame martinez at present for not being more proactive in the market. That's my concern with the bloke unless he's managed a player before or they play for Barca or Wigan, he doesn't seem like he can pluck a player out the hat like Moyes could (Pienaar, Arteta, Felliani)

I still think West Ham have done a number on us and took our main targets (Payet- Playmaker, Ogbonna- CB) since then we haven't been strongly linked with anyone else apart from Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back