Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates in Kyiv has just e-mailed me this:

"Mate, I checked local news - they all report now on Everton interest but cite UK source - Liverpool Echo. So I assume that's a primary source of information
Also Dinamomania reported that Yarmolenko met his agent last Fri, who then went to Liverpool to talk to Everton management. Here is the link:
http://www.dynamomania.com/news/298099-yarmolenko-vstretilsya-s-izvestnym-agentom
The news report that Totenham is after Yarmolenko as well. Before Stoke was interested but Surkis said that he will not let Yarmolenko go to mid-level team. So, it seems there are some frictions between Surkis and Yarmolenko at the moment"

The final line worries me - i.e. Spurs being in for him, too. Not a good development.

Am I the only one thats not that keen on Yarmolenko.
I agree he is a great player but I am not that sure he is what we need. Our biggest problem is that we struggle to break down teams that sit back. Against these teams we need a technically brilliant player who can play in tight spaces and pick a pass. A Pienaar or a Silva type. Yarmolenko is more of a Mirallas type- good dribbler and shooter but really best when played on the counter attack. Mirallas massively struggles playing against the teams that sit down and I think Yarmolenko will too.

I think that's a valid point. I would LOVE Yarmolenko here, but only having seen him in bits and pieces (very, very impressive bits and pieces to be fair) I don't know whether he is the type of player who can help us open up a defence at home when a team is sitting with two banks of four. Apparently he got over 20 assists in The Ukraine last year (as well as over 20 goals), so maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but playing like we did on Saturday won't work every week, so I really hope that whatever happens we don't get past the window without that player who can find a clever pass in a tight defence.

One of my mates in Kyiv has just e-mailed me this:

"Mate, I checked local news - they all report now on Everton interest but cite UK source - Liverpool Echo. So I assume that's a primary source of information
Also Dinamomania reported that Yarmolenko met his agent last Fri, who then went to Liverpool to talk to Everton management. Here is the link:
http://www.dynamomania.com/news/298099-yarmolenko-vstretilsya-s-izvestnym-agentom
The news report that Totenham is after Yarmolenko as well. Before Stoke was interested but Surkis said that he will not let Yarmolenko go to mid-level team. So, it seems there are some frictions between Surkis and Yarmolenko at the moment"

The final line worries me - i.e. Spurs being in for him, too. Not a good development.

Nothing new, I think they've been interested for a while.

I think that's a valid point. I would LOVE Yarmolenko here, but only having seen him in bits and pieces (very, very impressive bits and pieces to be fair) I don't know whether he is the type of player who can help us open up a defence at home when a team is sitting with two banks of four. Apparently he got over 20 assists in The Ukraine last year (as well as over 20 goals), so maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but playing like we did on Saturday won't work every week, so I really hope that whatever happens we don't get past the window without that player who can find a clever pass in a tight defence.
He doesn't need a pass to unlock a defence though, he just pings them in the net from 40 yards.

No messing with through ball nonsense, bang in the net job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back