Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it means he has held some negotiations with us but picked West Ham instead of us.

Wait till they get into the new stadium, they will blow us out the water on other transfers as well.

That not our board fault and should never have been allowed to be honest

Surely it depends though, if a top keeper became available for £15mil then surely its worth the money, we'd be talking a De Gea /Courtois potential level keeper like they were before joining Utd and Chelsea...

Sometimes you need to move on players when available not necessarily when theyre a priority.

We definitely do. So if we spent £15m on a keeper I'd be fuming.

But if you can massively improve a weakness in the first XI for £5m (let's pretend the rumours are true) then you do it, end of.

Not necessarily, look at Atletico or various other clubs, even Dortmund bar this season.

I mean its not ideal but it could be that selling one player for BIG money and replacing with two with potential could improve the side...then later sell one of those etc etc.

Its been done before by successful sides, i think our problem is more keeping players past their sell by date as evidenced next year when a heap are past it and out of contract in one go.

but what would be the end result of that? It would widen the gap to the top which is the opposite of what we need to do. As you say wages are going up so us selling a player on 40 grand, his replacment would ask for more than that which in turn mean we are either increasing the wage bill or finding a lower wage (and lower quality) replacement which weakens the team.

moyes didnt replace like for like, not too sure where you got that from. He swapped arteta for noone, rooney for beatte, lescott for 3 players (only one of them was a long term success) , swapped rodwell for 2 players (only one was kept). Martinez in all credit has built the squad up on a little budget and for that he has done wonders in that department. But would we have signed del if we hadnt loaned him? same as lukaku, never would have signed him if we didnt loan him first. without them we would have had kone and mcgeady as first choice instead, a much poorer team.

Ask anyone on here, we sell to buy constantly and we will drop down the league, no actual investment into the squad and the quality will dwindle to the point where we rely on players to come good again after signing rather than developing players to take us the enxt level. We finish top 7 and challenge for europe, martinez is proving to be right for the club, we drop away and he isnt, either way i stand by his investments in the team.

Fourth Official seems to be suggesting that McGeady isnt injured. Wonder if he's talking to another club or reported back unfit etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back