Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played for the many incarnations of the Soviet Union. But Ukraine after independence failed to get recognition to play in major tournaments (1994) so their best players played for the Soviet successors in the hope of playing in a World Cup or Euros. Ukraine started at Faroe Islands level (euro 96)

Was completely unfair as the soviets inherited the CSSR coefficent despite the team that did amazingly well in euro 88 feilded almost 11 Ukranian players.

Kancheiskis is Ukranian though.

In short Ukraine are boss.
so is this lad his parents are both Ukrainian his dad was working in Russia, and his wife went to stay and had the baby there and moved back home a few months later,
its like saying if your bird had a baby on holiday in Spain and saying he/she isnt English.

Daily Mail saying we look set to get Yarmolenko ahead of Spurs and the S****.

I cant post a link, That was an alert I got on my phone, all the way out here in Alaska.

so is this lad his parents are both Ukrainian his dad was working in Russia, and his wife went to stay and had the baby there and moved back home a few months later,
its like saying if your bird had a baby on holiday in Spain and saying he/she isnt English.

Shed loads of Ukranians were/have been born in Russia mate, something like 2-3m of them working over here

It can be a bit different with former Soviet states, though.

My mate is Belarusian, by virtue of the fact that his Russian dad had a job in Minsk when the wall fell.

His parents, Russian citizens, live in Moscow. He doesn't. In part because he's not a Russian citizen.

Makes no sense to me mate not really sure what your point is, his senior career started in Kiev and Shakhtar and he was born in Ukraine before they got their independence.

It can be a bit different with former Soviet states, though.

My mate is Belarusian, by virtue of the fact that his Russian dad had a job in Minsk when the wall fell.

His parents, Russian citizens, live in Moscow. He doesn't. In part because he's not a Russian citizen.
mad that, i am having him as Ukrainian sounds more exotic somehow than Russian

Me again, Telegraph saying Chelsea have bid 30m for Stones, yet Everton want 40m. LMAO.

Amazing that isn't it? It's not like the same paper said we wanted £36m last week.

Almost like they're making it up as they go, but they wouldn't do that right? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back