Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 million should be the figure to even consider selling, how much would it ruin our season if we did sell? If a sale is going to happen we need it done with time to spend. But there would be a couple of problems we would be over charged for a replacement and how we seem to mess about getting players in even if we sold right this minute, I wouldn't be confident we would get anyone any good in to replace him. It would be no good getting 40 million then pay out let's say the 12 million they say utd want for Evans and they would stick to that knowing we have 40 million. Keep him if we have enough cash to buy what we need I say.

Any thoughts on a possible fee for Yarmolenko? I think anything less than 15m would be brilliant and allow us to bring in a CB as well. Closer to 20m, and we really limit our options for a CB.

From my inexperienced vantage point 40m is not far above what Stones is valued at now. Why sell for a fair price to a desperate suitor when most are confident the opportunity to sell at a high price will be around for a couple of years, at least?

I just think that even at £40m the damage it will do to our reputation as a non-selling club, and to the dream/project that Martinez has going with our young players, it's not worth it. There's countless examples of teams selling a star player for loads so they can 'improve the team' and it gets them absolutely nowhere. The only example I can think of that doesn't follow that rule is Southampton last year.

You know **cough** there is a John Stones to Chelsea thread for all this guff some of us want to talk about Yarmolenko deal being jarg.

If it's true that Mori played we can't be that close to signing him, looking likely we won't have anyone in until after the city game I would imagine, absolute joke if true.

I just think that even at £40m the damage it will do to our reputation as a non-selling club, and to the dream/project that Martinez has going with our young players, it's not worth it. There's countless examples of teams selling a star player for loads so they can 'improve the team' and it gets them absolutely nowhere. The only example I can think of that doesn't follow that rule is Southampton last year.
I concur. Unless a ridiculous amount is tendered (>50mio), there is no way Everton can sell. It would run counter to the whole ethos/credo (building from youth) Martinez is trying to impose. Everton might not be rich, but the TV money ensures it does not need to sell

I concur. Unless a ridiculous amount is tendered (>50mio), there is no way Everton can sell. It would run counter to the whole ethos/credo (building from youth) Martinez is trying to impose. Everton might not be rich, but the TV money ensures it does not need to sell

I'm really hesitant about selling for a massive fee in principle. It just means you get completely rinsed when buying anyone because everyone knows you've got the money. We don't have champion's league so it's not like we can turn around and buy a £50m world beater. Look at Liverpool and Spurs. You just get ripped off for good but not great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back