Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to be the team To get in to champions League like Martinez said when he joined, we need to stand very strong and not sell Stones it would be a great statement to all the other teams at the top, but we would need to do very well this season otherwise Stones and others may lose patience and want out. I thought last season Martinez was losing the plot and thought perhaps he isn't the right man for the job, but we have a lot of good young players and some very good older ones most of which are tied to long contracts. These teams with money are bully boys and they usually get what they want, let's see if we can hold out. Obviously there would eventually there would be a price, but if that happens let it be a price that makes Chelsea look like they have lost the plot (how much did they pay for Torres?) stones is younger another 10/20 million on top.

From my inexperienced vantage point 40m is not far above what Stones is valued at now. Why sell for a fair price to a desperate suitor when most are confident the opportunity to sell at a high price will be around for a couple of years, at least?

Good reasons for Everton FC to sell John Stones:
A) The club isn't able to create sufficient revenue and this is a giant windfall
B) The lad wants to go

Re: A) If the board bungles this ginormous pot TV money, that's its worst mistake yet (and it has a good history of screwing up)
Re: B) There's no evidence the lad wants to go

You know **cough** there is a John Stones to Chelsea thread for all this guff some of us want to talk about Yarmolenko deal being jarg.

If it's true that Mori played we can't be that close to signing him, looking likely we won't have anyone in until after the city game I would imagine, absolute joke if true.
I don't see the problem in getting players in after the city game. It is highly unlikely they'd start or even play anyway as I doubt Martinez would just throw them straight into a settled team?

I just really hope they sign a few by the end of the month!!!

I see John Stones still as a player of much potential, but that's it. He plays the ball fantastically and is in with Martinez's pass it around style - however how often does he get turned out by an average player (you don't need to look far for an answer, Watford is the most recent).

To reject £30,000,000, just to prove that we are not a "selling club" would be stupid.

Would Stones walk into the Chelsea squad? I don't think so.

For the record, I don't think we should sell Stones either. 25m, 30m, 35m, 40m, 50m. Is he work any of those quoted fees, no of course he isn't. Is any footballer actually 'worth' those ridiculous amounts of money. But in this market, that's what they go for.

My wish, as I'm sure EVERY one on this forum and every Evertonian elsewhere, is this: Keep hold of Stones, buy 1-2 central defenders (I'd love that guy from Napoli), Yarmolenko, a quality forward (id rather have Berahino than Austin), and maybe one other squad player, for example Huddlestone or Song.

For the record, I don't think we should sell Stones either. 25m, 30m, 35m, 40m, 50m. Is he work any of those quoted fees, no of course he isn't. Is any footballer actually 'worth' those ridiculous amounts of money. But in this market, that's what they go for.

My wish, as I'm sure EVERY one on this forum and every Evertonian elsewhere, is this: Keep hold of Stones, buy 1-2 central defenders (I'd love that guy from Napoli), Yarmolenko, a quality forward (id rather have Berahino than Austin), and maybe one other squad player, for example Huddlestone or Song.

Stones is worth every penny of £50m to a club like Chelsea. England international, composed ball-playing centre-half who will lead the club for a decade.

Money is relative - for them, it's completely worth it. I actually can't understand Chelsea fans who think we're demanding over the odds at stupid fees like £30m.

I see John Stones still as a player of much potential, but that's it. He plays the ball fantastically and is in with Martinez's pass it around style - however how often does he get turned out by an average player (you don't need to look far for an answer, Watford is the most recent).

To reject £30,000,000, just to prove that we are not a "selling club" would be stupid.

Would Stones walk into the Chelsea squad? I don't think so.
Yes but Chelsea rate him very highly and we aren't suppose to be a selling club and want champions league. Chelsea are just trying to bully us, every player has their price even if there at City,Chelsea Real Madrid so if we sell it needs to be a riduculas amount.

Here you go bud

Ramblings of a skeptical Evertonian:

We will sell stones days before the transfer window close and buy Williams as only replacement. Instead of Yarmolenko we will buy Huddlestone and Song for a combined discount price of 6m. Christ sake Everton are the thrift shop team.

Our manager's pretty much staked his rep on it.
"Not for sale and that's the end of it."
There is no "enough" after a statement like that.

Yep you'd think so like. Says it all about the modern game that you can't take statements like that on face value with 100% certainty anymore, even though I am 90% sure Stones will be an Everton player for the rest of this season, barring Kenwright seeing pound signs and an enticing gap in Other Operating Costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back