Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mori has turned us down, lets step in and steal Koulibaly from Southampton - seems like they are close to a deal unfortunately and that guy is class. Don't really want Evans or Williams.

I'd happily let Southampton take Koulibaly if it meant us getting van Dijk.

I'd happily let Southampton take Koulibaly if it meant us getting van Dijk.
Yeah, id take him also. Id like a younger guy though as back up now and future replacement for the aging Jags. No-one could replace Stones, don't want him to go anywhere. Where is mentality in replacing a (however inflated) 30-40m talent with the likes of Williams and Evans. That's just ludicrous.

Three things -
Firstly, this Mori seems to be getting a lot of stick, and he may or may not be the next Bobby Moore, but he is playing in a successful team that has won plenty of trophies recently so he must be doing something right! Let's not be too quick to label him as rubbish.
Secondly, I have an increasingly bad feeling that we will only bring in players once we have sold (Stones)
I was led to believe that we had 3 players lined up and that we weren't selling anybody but now I'm not so sure.
We always seem to have this "sell to buy" routine but I thought this season would be different with the extra TV money.
Net spend will be awfully low again I fear. I pray otherwise!
Lastly, IF we do have money regardless of a player being sold can we please wrap up any deals ASAP?
I'm particularly thinking of the Yarmalenko situation. Seems to be taking a long time, just give them what they want and seal the deal!

Martinez has made it clear from the start that it will go to the final for a few people. Also the Yarmalenko deal isn't as straight forward as, "here's the money you want, here's the wage you want, you're mine now". We aren't the only team in for him, he's weighing up options and he's taking advice from people on what to do, we need to let him take the time and not force him in a decision.

Couldn't care less about this Argie - get Yarmalenko signed up, and then we can pick up a third choice centre half with what we have left.

Lets buy Van Dijk instead. Seriously I wish we were in for him, if we're going to take a 'gamble' on a player from a smaller league at least get one that's got good reviews in it.

Couldn't care less about this Argie - get Yarmalenko signed up, and then we can pick up a third choice centre half with what we have left.

This. I so want us to buy Yarmolenko - I think he is class and would be a great statement and a wonderful signing for us. In my lifetime of supporting the blues, it would rank alongside my three other favorite signings, the one's I felt the most excitement over: Lineker, Beardsley and Kanchelskis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back