Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pedro deal just shows you how futile getting excited or otherwise about any transfer is. Until about 12 hours ago, Chelsea weren't even on the radar, and then boom, done.

We could hear every positive noise about Yarmolenko and then have United swoop in 15 minutes before he signs.

The Pedro deal just shows you how futile getting excited or otherwise about any transfer is. Until about 12 hours ago, Chelsea weren't even on the radar, and then boom, done.

We could hear every positive noise about Yarmolenko and then have United swoop in 15 minutes before he signs.

man utd will prob come in for the yarmster now

Everyone pray the plane from Ukraine to John Lennon doesn't need to do an emergency fuel stop at Gatwick. I can smell Levy sniffing around the runway from here.

I bet he doesn't even know what an Everton is.

Just watch him sign for Spurs, play 8 games all season long, then go for £9m to Spartak Moscow next summer.

If we sign this guy after they refused to sell him to Stoke for being too small-time I think we can all finally put the long dark Shaqiri period behind us once and for all.

This 100%. Wait to you get to see that lad Evans as well. Dowell is very good but Evans is going to be even better.

It always makes me laugh when Liverpool fans laugh at us for having an old squad. As you've said against Southampton our two key players under 22. 4 Of our starters under 22, and a further 2 substitute appearances for players under 22. Add this to Garbutt who you feel will be involved when he comes back from his loan and you have a very god base.

Then below that we have Ledson, Walsh, Dowell and perhaps Kenny all pushing on. Martinez is starting to build a new generation to come through. He seems keen every year to add a young lad from outside to the group as well (Galloway last year, Holgate this year).

As for Liverpool, where we had 6 lads under 22 involved at the weekend, them and their "youthful squad" had a grand total of 2 players under 22 involved. One of them starting, 1 from the bench.

Their academy will always be a waste of time and money. The demands on them mean that they'd never hand over sufficient game time for a young player to develop quickly enough to help a manager out - for that reason the manager will always reach for the cheque book.

Liverpool's policy at the moment is to strip away whatever comes through at Southampton.

Some blurt on twitter's just said we've agreed 17.5m quid with Dinano for Yarmolenko

It's probably tosh, I refuse to even link it.

edit: oh fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back