Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that story from 19.07.2013?

peter-falk-columbo-2-290x400.jpg

My first post here, just joined, this thread is hilarious!!!! And it looks to me like u r correct. The only thing I can read in that link is the numbers. And it definitely says it's from 2013

If that is a fake account the lad running it is doing a bloody good job. That tweet was a 10/10 best of the transfer window so far, first 1 to get me. So a lad running a fake twitter account takes the effort to translate something so close to Everton but without saying everton and then to delete it almost instantly. Like the effort and thought put into that tweet is what got me.

'ForEver'... imagine if it was real, and he was in fact quoting 'Forever Everton' haha. I guess out of all the weird songs we play it is the one that sounds most like a proud East Slavic anthem.

The things we put ourselves through supporting this club.

People will log onto this place tomorrow morning and will follow the recent events of this thread in complete bemusement.

Can't wait for the window to close.

All our hopes and dreams will be smashed and thrown out into the street to be trampled on further when Lennon is the only signing paraded around Goodison at half time.

While your breakdown is very thorough, from where the actual notes were pulled from seems to me completely irrelevant. For starters, Kenwright said the new manager would have a little bit of money to spend, presumably the funds to secure Kone, Robles, Alcaraz and Deulofeu's loan. McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku's loan, Barry's loan and subsequent "transfer" and McGeady all came after (or at the same time as) Fellaini's sale.

Second, and more to the point, if we never sold Fellaini, that increased operating revenue would've had to be split among several players (the ones we couldn't have purchased the year before) and the purchase of one £28 million (or whatever) valued player would've been impractical.

Is it as simple we sold Fellaini for £27.5 million, so we were able to spend the same amount on Lukaku? No, but it also isn't a great deal more complicated than that. Use the sales of Jelavic, Anichebe and Fellaini to cancel out the purchases of Lukaku and McCarthy and the club have spent in the vicinity of £10-12 million per summer since Martinez has arrived.
your real time logic is not incorrect but your emulsifying accruals and cash flow accounting might present you problems were you to apply for a job in corporate Treasury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back