Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

I actually think you may no someone, whether they are sauced or not is another matter.

p.s. the highlighted element is one of the worst things ive read on here.

I'd sell stones for 40. We signed him for 3 million and to profit 37 million is good business sense if the majority of the transfer went on investing in the team.

personally I want stones for the next 10 years at the club, think he is a fantastic player. but all this he will be worth more next year talk all summer, that's not true at all. How many defenders that young go for that amount of money? We have turned down 30 as we want more fair enough, but us asking for at least 40 doesn't mean he will go for more next year if we didn't sell.

and if Chelsea are that he'll bent on signing him then why would you keep him for a year if his value doesn't increase? may as well get his replacement now and invest some money into the team. even if that meant the money was transfer dependant all along, signing a good replacement and making sure we got players at the level of yarmal would make a much bigger difference to the first 11.

We can replace stones, but to improve the team we can use the cash from the sale to do that.

He's back lads.

but it is a business, especially when we aren't throwing money around every year. We have sold players in the past to pay bills, now all I'm saying is if we don't have to do that then invest in some better players. If we can profit that extent on every single sale then it's good business in my opinion. stones can be replaced, as was players we have sold in the past, it's not like we are selling a suarez/bale/ronaldo

If Stones is worth £40m now how can we re-invest on better players???????????

Also, we wouldn't even get anywhere near £40m up front.

Sorry I don't know what a WUM is, given that I am 50 and earn a six figure salary attention is not something I thrive for. Living in Australia you have a large number of mates of who you keep in contact with, all teams involved, we share banter and rumors which in turn I share.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on

What on earth does that have to do with anything, so you're above making up rumours because of your age and salary? Hahaha My word I've heard it all now.

Regarding the Chelsea rumors, I know someone who I went to university with who is contracted to work for Chelsea, he gives me info over incoming and outgoings as the paperwork side is something he is involved with.

One of the things I used to love about going the match was meeting in the Legion before and the banter of rumors etc. and probably the 10 pints of lager helped too.

I can understand why people like DAVIDMOYES and others leave the site as they are hounded because a few haven't heard it "first" (Example chicoazul and his excellent match review, the big thing on that is to be on the first pages replying)

Its certainly makes you wonder why have a rumors site if all you want to do is [Poor language removed] others for forwarding what they have heard on
I am on a seven figure salary. (assuming we building in pounds and pence) and I say Stones is staying because someone I know told me he his and he gets loads of stuff right. And he doesn't rely on connections. he is just smart. think he is on 18 grand a year. doesn't bring it up though cos we don't care

Football Manager time!!!!

Stones: £40m straight up cash in 1 payment (sell on fee & add ons)
+Cuadrado on loan (no fee, no wages)
+Nathan Ake

Then we sign:
Van Dijk - £10m
Yarmelenko - £15m
Austin - £11m
Mori - £5m
Navas (if Real sign De Gea) £10m

This is would be satisfied with, but this is EFC, we will totally f8k this up.

Navas/Howard

Coleman/Browning/Hibbert
Jagielka/Ake
Van Dijk/Mori
Baines/Oviedo/Galloway

McCarthy/Barry/Gibson
Barkley/Besic/Cleverly

Deulofeu/Cuadrado/McGeady
Yarmelenko/Naismith/Osman
Mirallas/Pienaar/McAleny

Lukaku/Austin/Kone

Please don't mate.

The club will look like right mugs if they sell stones, with all the unrest about the board at the moment I think it will be the final nail in their coffin if they choose to sell.
Wouldn't surprise me if they come out and say johns put a transfer request in just to make it easier for them.

If Stones is worth £40m now how can we re-invest on better players???????????

Also, we wouldn't even get anywhere near £40m up front.
no but we also don't pay for deals upfront either. It isn't a drug deal mate.

stones is worth 40 million because he is young, English and talented. If stones was signed from outside the county he would be worth a lot less, see marquinos from psg for example.

is luke Shaw worth 30? no different to stones.

are United a selling club then mate? or Chelsea? they have sold big players before and they haven't got that label.

For that transfer fee we could sign 2 players who improve the first 11 now. A better 11 means stronger team means winning games. winning games means success, and that is the end game is it not?

and why would we be labelled a selling club? because we got 40 million for a player? to be honest if anything it labels us as a club who only sells at a extortionate price when the rich clubs come knocking.
That's a ridiculous argument. Whenever Man U or Chelsea sell everything is in their hands at the negotiations table, not even close for those without the same level of investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back